cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP caller id problems

datak2011
Level 1
Level 1

when i make a call using one of our sip, the caller id is the person's name who's calling.

But i need to have the company's name instead of the person's name

how can i do this ?

Everything's ok with FXO since it's the telco who's managing this.

thanks

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have a script to address this feature, unique to Canada, since a long.

It's called "outbound called name" on my site www.ciscoscripts.com.

Unofrtunatly so far nobody wanted to foot the bill to fund the development.

You can also try a sip profile to change the calling name.

anyone else ? i'm sure i'm not the only one who needs to have the business name as the caller ID like a pstn line instead of the employee name

I beleave SIP providers will not mannage the Caller ID info, If you have not told the SIP provider what you want the ID to be then they would probably leave it blank, if that is the case then the ID info will be what ever the UC has provided.  This at least was the case for our System. You can modify the caller ID on the UC via CCA  under call handling

where is the option for caller ID under call handling ?

i know that the caller ID use the First Name and Last Name in the user properties, the problem is that I want to have my company name displayed instead of the first and last name of the user.

Also putting the company name in place of first and last name is not an option since i won't know who's calling me since everybody will have company name instead of their name

thanks!

help!

Hi Tommy,

The only way I can think of that this will work the way you want it to is to do the following:

• Have all outbound calls go through the primary SIP number that was allocated by the ITSP
  • Have the ITSP set on their Session Border Controller that Caller ID for that primary Number
  • Have only users who want their name instead of company name displayed set to have their number used instead of the Primary number in CCA,

There is potentially another way, although I have never tried it myself and am not sure if it would be sucessfull and would most likely require heavy CLI adjustment to the system, and this would be using translation rules/profiles to carry it out... I suspect this might be the way Paolo does it with his scripts which is kind of groovy.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: