Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP DID does not work

Tony Bagalini
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have configured an SIP trunk - I have several DID #'s that I have configured under inbound calls.

When the DID is called it will NOT route to the extension selected instead the call is routed to the default route.

Attached is the screenshot of the configureation (I have masked the phone numbers)  It does not route to Tony, it goes to the auto attendand.

Thank you for your assistnace!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tony,

If your account number is the a648.... number, then I think I know what is happening.  We have a bug open (CSCtt18653) where the UC320W is routing based upon the TO: field instead of the request URI of the INVITE.  As a workaround some customers have been able to work with their service providers to ask them to provide the routing in the TO field.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Tony,

If your account number is the a648.... number, then I think I know what is happening.  We have a bug open (CSCtt18653) where the UC320W is routing based upon the TO: field instead of the request URI of the INVITE.  As a workaround some customers have been able to work with their service providers to ask them to provide the routing in the TO field.

Chris

Thanks Chris for the response.

Any idea when this might get fixed? It basically makes this devices useless for me.

If its going to be awhile I will return it.

Thanks!

Hi Tony,

In a discussion with the engineering team yesterday, we feel we can get the fix in the next Limited Deployment build.  We will make the option available via a Platform Modification File (PMF) using the new LD firmware.  We hope to make the build in the next couple of days and will take a couple of days for test.  With the Thanksgiving holidays next week I'm not sure if we'll have the the load available before or after the holidays.

Another option is to consider a different SIP provider.

Chris

Hi Tony,

I suggest you capture an incoming call on the UC320 and look to see what the To header looks like.

Try for each of your DID's and see whether the contents of the To header is meaningful. It might me the information is there, abeit in a slightly different format.

I think you can use the debug screen on the UC320 for doing this. The initial SIP message as part of the call setup process is calls an Invite - see whether you can find yours and post here if you like.

Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: