cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunking with Australian providers

Robert Prideaux
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a huge issue trying to get inbound calls working on my UC560.

Outbound is fine.

The one PSTN line I connected also is fine (in and out).

SP (called Comvergence) refuses to help with info for a Template - and maintains all I need is the SIP proxy name and the login credentials for the main number.

Apparently "All their Partners work fine and have no problems"

It took me 2 weeks to get them to verify the IP address (which the CCA auto configures) of the proxy server.

Then found by inserting proxy name in Registrar server entry, that outbound was working OK. (in spite of being told this was "not necessary")

Trunk I have has 5 DiD's configured.

Found out when they grudgingly sent me a log extract that the inbound DiD format was incorrect - but further than that I cannot get.

The WAN side of things seems to be OK; UC560 is behind an SA500 router - and the workstations and phones all connect and receive DHCP addresses etc.

In the Diagnostics I can successfully "ping" the registrar server (but I also can make outbound calls so that is not much help).

I admit to being totally bamboozled by the SIP logs - as I cannot seem to find a Rosetta Stone that will allow me to decipher the myriad entries that may well point me in the right direction.

Any help gratefully received...

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Rob,

Give me a call tonight and we can look into this, I don't think this will be too hard to get going.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

and I deliberatley did not contact you first because you have given so much of your time to date - I was embarassed to ask again...

will do - and thanks (again!)

I was embarassed to ask again...

Seriously???

Man I never hesitate to ask for help, I keep asking until they tell me to go away or I sense a hint of "Not this guy again" or when they stop responding to an SOS

But then I find someone else anyway

One guy comes to mind, actually to this day after 3 years of putting up with me, I still do not know why I haven't got a "Take a long walk of a short pier" response from him... Who knows maybe its not within their character

Always here to help mate

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Robert Prideaux
Level 1
Level 1

Solved this when someone more helpful started responding from SP; Got some logs that showed (after I worked out the debug log thing) inbound calls were rejected.

(pretty obvious really).

The catch was, the public IP address of my modem, was the address being rejected!

Now this address is configured in the SA520W sitting in front of the UC560.

NAT/FW is off (as per TEL 6) on the UC560.

However, until I went in to SIP Trunking

Advanced

and entered that IP address as a "trusted" address, the UC box would not accept inbound calls.

I fail to see the logic here... but have noted it for future installs...

Maybe Steve or someone can explain why this is so?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: