Views
Helpful
Replies

Skype Sip Trunk one way speech

johnroche_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured a SIP trunk to a UC520.

The trunk registers and I can make and receive calls however I only get one way speech.

Te UC is the firewall.

any ideas

18 Replies 18

johnroche_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone help with this.

I have attached config.

Basically I can make and take calls via the Skype sip trunk. However I only get one way speech.

If an outside caller rings and leaves a voicemail the message is silent

If an outside call is answered on a deskphone there is silence also.

John

At what point does the support aspect of this forum start.

2 days not even a suggestion.

Come I guys I have not phone calls working here.

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Can you do a debug ccsip all and then make a phone call.  Meanwhile, delete the sip trunk and recreate it again.  Have you downloaded the latest software packs yet?

Follow the tutorial in this video

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14503

Hi,

Yes I upgraded to the new packs and have turn off the toll fraud.

I have attached the debugs.

Basically the call hit the AA, option 1 calls Directory number 300, (SNR is used with this extension, However I didnt answer) the call diverts to voicemail and I left a message, (Silence)

If i do the same as above but answer I also only have one way speech.

John

OK

I deleted the sip trunk.

set it up again as per video.

Still the same issue

Do you have any devices in front of the UC?

The ISP supplied a DSL router which acts as a bridge.

They give 8 public IP's the UC connects directly to the dsl router.

There is also a SA520 connected directly to the DSl router.

The data vlan uses the SA520 (for Content/AV). but the UC can connect to the net directly.

The SIP trunk work prior to the latest softpack.

still having this issue

Hi John -

I have similar setup working well - however I only have 1 public IP so the wan eth of my SA connects to the provider's modem and my UC540's wan eth connects to the SA's LAN interface...    turned firewall and nat off on the UC and opened SIP-TCP service on the SA's firewall pointing to UC's WAN address...   two way audio via skype trunk no problem.   

You'll also need a couple static routes on the SA pointing to the voice and data vlan's of the UC -  similar to what's shown here - assuming you kept the defaults and the UC's WAN is 192.168.75.2:

List of Static Routes
NameDestinationGatewayInterfaceMetricActivePrivateEdit
UC540-Data192.168.10.0192.168.75.2LAN10YesNo
UC540-CUE10.1.10.0192.168.75.2LAN10YesNo
uc_voice_cca10.1.1.1192.168.75.2LAN5YesNo
and a default route on the UC pointing to the SA's LAN ip address (192.168.75.1 if left at default)

For remote users (cipc or 525G), I use the UC for terminating SSL VPN and/or IPSEC VPNs as well but you'll need additional firewall rules pointing to the WAN of the UC here as well - specifically for these built in services: IPSEC-UDP-ENCAP, IKE, and/or HTTPS.

Not familiar with your DSL provider's bridging mode, but sounds like you may be having a NAT issue with the one way audio...  or possibly missing a static route

hope it helps.

John,

You said the SA is connected to the DSL modem and that the UC can connect directly.

Do you have the UC connected to the optional port on the SA?  If so I would recommend placing a switch between the DSL modem and the SA and UC, this switch will act as an Internet switch.

I have seen issues were the SA does not re-assemble the packets correctly, which will cause you audio issues.

-Mario

The DSL modem has 4 ethernet ports.

The carrier gives us a subnet with 8 IPs.

The SA connects to one port and uses one IP and the UC connects to another port and uses another IP.

The UC is not behind the SA.

The data vlan is connected to the SA and the PC's use the SA as there default gateway.

This work before the latest softpack

Not clear why you're connecting the data vlan of the UC to the data vlan of the SA -- I would recommend removing that link or putting the UC behind the SA as suggested above.   

My guess is the SA does not know how to get to the 10.x.x.x  phone/cue subnets of the UC or traffic from the 10.x.x.x subnet of the UC is taking a different path back out...    try doing traceroutes from the various subnets and see if traffic follows the same path.

by the way both the capture and show run.txt.zip files you posted are corrupt and cannot be opened (by my PC anyway)  

The SA520 was there before the UC520 and it manages web content via Trend Micro.

The data subnet behind the UC and the SA are the same (192.168.108.0/24). Internet access for the data subnet is via the SA. Sip trunking and VPN etc is via the UC directly.

I will post the files again and run the traces.

Sorry about the delay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: