Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Call Connector and TAPI needed for UC560

shakespeer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ...

the new Smart Call Connector has a server and a client component. I read, that the server communicate via TAPI with the UC and only one TAPI client is allowed for each telephone. Our customer like to have the Smart CallConnector because of it's features AND a TAPI client for dialing out of their ERP-System.

I found out, that the Smart CallConnector Toolbar is providing a TAPI interface for the client. But the Toolbar installs an own small "server" on the local machine. All fields for connecting to a server exist, but they are grey.

My question is, how can I connect the Smart CallConnector Client and Toolbar to the CallConnect Server? Or is there another way to have the CallConnector and TAPI working on the same machine?

Thanks

Benjamin

2 Replies 2

shtalukd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Benjamin:

The UC500 allows only one session (TAPI) to control the calls at the phone. In the case of the CallConnector Server this control is performed from the SCC Server, in the case of the SCC Toolbar this is performed from the client itself. In both cases, only one application is able to exclusively access and control the call on the phone.

There is an existing enhancement request for what is termed "Multi-App TAPI" which will allow multiple applications on one PC to be able to receive call informtion and make outgoing calls. This is not committed. You may wish to escallate this by sending a request to Cisco product management team.

Thanks

CallConnector Team

Hello there,

thank you for your quick response.

I don't have any problems with the fact, that only one TAPI connection is possible. Because the server makes the TAPI connection to the UC, I only need one more client to the server!

The Smart Call Connector is connected to the Smart Call Connector Server and work.

Why I can't connect the Toolbar to the same server?? The Toolbar has TAPI client included and the server can manage the TAPI to the UC.

All necessary fields exists in the Toolbar-Client (see attachment), but the are grey.

Is it possible to connect the Toolbar to the Smart Call Connector Server?

Thanks

Benjamin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: