cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Smart Call Connector SCC UC500

I have a question on SCC for my customer.

He wants basic presence on their internal NFR UC540 system but have no requirement for receptionist usage.

I’ve been having a hunt around and would like to confirm what would be needed?

They have 17 phones so would they need to get

1x L-SW-SCC-SERVER

2x L-SW-SCC-8ADVANCED

I’m guessing they wouldn’t need SCC for all handsets so could probably get away with 1 additional licence pack.

Also is the Server SKU needed to run SCC? I have heard that it may not be needed?

Thanks in advance for your help

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rising star

Hi Alan,

You can run standalone mode but not recommended.

I would stick with your original assumption and get a server and 2X 8 Pac licenses to cover it, in order for SCC to really work properly it is highly recommended to get a server, and then spend the countless hours setting it up as well

But please keep in mind that I do not see Cisco continuing any maintenance on SCC or any other major releases, I could be wrong, but I know it wont most likely be setup to work with Windows 8 either, which tells me (And I could be wrong again) that they will probably call it EoL and EoS.

Cheers,

David Trad.

**If you don't want to rate a post that is fine, I'll just find out where you live and hunt you down**

^^ That's a joke just in case you didn't get it :)

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
1 REPLY 1
Rising star

Hi Alan,

You can run standalone mode but not recommended.

I would stick with your original assumption and get a server and 2X 8 Pac licenses to cover it, in order for SCC to really work properly it is highly recommended to get a server, and then spend the countless hours setting it up as well

But please keep in mind that I do not see Cisco continuing any maintenance on SCC or any other major releases, I could be wrong, but I know it wont most likely be setup to work with Windows 8 either, which tells me (And I could be wrong again) that they will probably call it EoL and EoS.

Cheers,

David Trad.

**If you don't want to rate a post that is fine, I'll just find out where you live and hunt you down**

^^ That's a joke just in case you didn't get it :)

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *