cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Call Connector Server hangs

bfoley
Level 1
Level 1

Using SCC Server 2.01, I periodically have problems with clients not being able to login, giving an error stating the password is invalid or the server is down. If they were connected, it will disconnect for awhile and the Directory just shows "Database server is down.". Eventually it will reconnect. When these problems occur, I can see on the server that CCTSDBSVR.exe is pinned using 25% CPU (on a Windows 2008 R2 VM with 4 cores, 8GB RAM). Eventually this process will drop back down to 1 or 2%.

Any idea what the database process is doing that pins a core for several minutes, multiple times a day? I it possible to use MS SQL instead of the built in databse?

10 Replies 10

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian;

I suggest you upgrade to version 2.1 if you have not done it already, as it provides quality enhancements as well. I am escalating anyway your issue. Please stay tuned for resolution.

Regards
Alberto

I believe I am using 2.1. The file I installed was Cisco_SCC_Server_2.01.010.exe. I guess Cisco calls that 2.1.

Hi Brian,

Can I setup a quick webEx session to see the problem? Please provide us your email address and your availability, then I'll forward you a webEx invitation.

Thanks,

CallConnector Team

I'm not sure what my schedule will be like for a webex next week, as I'm not in my office. My email is bfoley at infrastructureengineers dot com. Send me an email and we can set something up. When I'm having this problem it usually lasts for about 30-45 minutes, so we should have some time to get together when it's happening.

Hi Shtalukd

I have been given a windows 8 server for the SCC server application.

I am finding that it is having a wee spot of bother getting the server  to come up as you can see from the screen shot below.. Normally it is so so easy to install and get up and running, but I am having a wee issue on this platform..

I  would welcome the offer to have  the great folks in  the Call Connector team  webex-ing in and having a look. Just contact Dave Hornstein, he is with me at the moment.

I haven't even had the opportunity to configure anything, just log into the configuation manager with the default userid and password.

I did notice Windows 8 application errors such as ;

The description for Event ID 4 from source CcActivate cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

I am going to try removing all components and try the install again.  I have administrator access to this server.

I have a webex access anywhere client on the server, so access is easy at any time of your choosing.

Sean

Hi

I am planning to use the SCC Server on 2008 R2, was there ever a resolution to this issue ?

Thanks

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi steve,

If I recall,  during installation the server wanted to go out to the internet  to register/validate our license.  The WAN router at the time was blocking the attempts of the SCC server to validate licensing.

We rang the  good folk at Small Business Support center, and they set us on the straight and narrow path.

regards Dave

Did this get resolved?  I am having the exact same issue as the first poster, our licenses are activated but Small Business Support center is referring this to the development team.  Any suggestions?  ccdatabase server is stopping as is ccautomation service.  Call Connector server shows local sip service is down and in offline mode.

steve davis wrote:

Did this get resolved?  I am having the exact same issue as the first poster, our licenses are activated but Small Business Support center is referring this to the development team.  Any suggestions?  ccdatabase server is stopping as is ccautomation service.  Call Connector server shows local sip service is down and in offline mode.

No. In my particular case, the CPU utilization spikes on the database process for several minutes, when this happens, clients can't connect and status' do not get updated on the Call Connector client. I've kind of learned to live with it.

I've hoped for an update, but it's been over a year now and nothing. I just accept this as another dead Cisco product.

Hi Brian,

This seems like a license issue or files corrupted that caused Database Server stuck in loading. Is it possible to schedule a webEx session so we can troubleshoot this issue and get this resolved? Would you please provide us your email address and your availability?

Thanks,

CallConnector Team

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: