cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart CallConnector Advanced Client

Damian Halloran
Level 1
Level 1

I've attempted an installation of this today on four different machines and one major feature is failing on every installation.

The Outlook toolbar does not start and the Connection Status window states: "Outlook Toolbar: Step 2/5 Waiting for local SIP server..."

I've attached a screen shot for reference.

The Outlook profile selected was the default in each case.

The status update from the Outlook calendar works a treat, and the IE toolbar connects and functions correctly.

The CallConnector displays all information about all users, and shows all of the lines available for the user.

It is only the Outlook toolbar that does not work.

These are all Office 2007 on Windows 7 32-bit.

All assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Damian Halloran

2 Replies 2

shtalukd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Damian,

Thank you for sending us the problem details and screenshot, Would you please copy the attached file into C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Smart CallConnector Client folder and let us know if this resolves the issue.

Please close MS Outlook before you copy the file over and also would you please try to register the Outlook toolbar by running the batch file registerOutlookToolbar.bat in C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Smart CallConnector Client folder

Thanks,

CallConnector Team

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the dll made no difference however I was able to find an extremely convoluted process to get the software installed.  It appears to be a permissions issue even though the software is installed with limited user rights, and the main user is part of the administrators group on the machine.  That is Windows 7 I suppose.

The process I found that worked (BTW I have experimented today for three hours to find this process):

1. Log in as the network administrator
  2. Install the software
  3. Start the software
  4. Run Outlook and see if the toolbar appears
  5. If the toolbar doesn't appear shut down Outlook and run the batch script to register the toolbar dll
  6. Run Outlook and make sure the toolbar starts and registers
    1. Fun alternate step: Go to the Contacts folder in Outlook, right click on a contact and select a number to dial and watch Outlook crash. I do have the crash log and all other logs during the process if you would like them.
  7. Restart the machine
  8. Log on as the main network user for the machine (not administrator)
  9. Uninstall the SCC software
  10. Re-install the SCC software
  11. Start Outlook and make sure the SCC toolbar appears and registers
  12. Test dialling from Contacts folder.

I need to say at this point that the software is excellent!!  And I'm confident that my client will be wrapt once it is all installed.

It just appears to me to be a problem with the Windows 7 security model versus XP.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Damian Halloran

(trying to hide my frustration at spending 6 hours at the client site getting this software installed and being unable to recoup my costs - this is my margin on the original installation and my income being destroyed)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: