Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart CallConnector Toolbar dialling

Damian Halloran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

With my clients UC560 they need to dial a prefix for outbound calls ("0").  Their Outlook contacts do not have a preceding zero and when you select a contact in Outlook it places the contact's number in the toolbar perfectly, but there is no preceding "0" so dialling doesn't work.

How do I set this up to work for them so the zero "0" is inserted for them?

In the US the same problem would be with inserting a "9"?

Thanks

Damian Halloran

14 Replies 14

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Damian;

I've escalated your request. Stay tuned

Regards
Alberto

Hi Damian,

SCC Free toolbar doesn't have dial plan supported so users have to enter the whole number into the dial box to dial including the dial outside access code and 1 for example 919493990928.

UCC/SCC Client does have dial plan supported. Once the dial plan is configured, you just need to enter the 10 digit numbers for US dialing without needed dial outside access code and 1. There are so many ways to dial in the paid UCC/SCC Client such as right-click menu on Outlook contacts to dial, double click, drag and drop the number into CallControl window to dial, highlight/copy a number and double click on the UCC/SCC Client on system tray,..

Hope this helps. If you need additional assistance, please let us know.

Thanks,

CallConnnector Team

Seriously though - what is the point of an Outlook toolbar if it can't dial a prefix for you? You may as well dial by hand.

-Joe

Goodness - so for my client to dial from outlook (which is all they really want out of the UCC/SCC Advanced features) they need to pay $3,000?

You, as in Cisco, should remove the free version since it is about as useful as teets on a bull.

There is no mention of this limitation in any of the documents Cisco produces for the toolbar.  Here is an example from this document https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12162

• You can click on any contact, and automatically the work number is pasted on the toolbar for dialing. Press the dial key for proceeding with dialing the number. With this method, it is only possible to copy the work/business number, the system will not copy any other number.
and from here the main document describing the toolbar here https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12153

FAQ

What's the Smart CallConnector Toolbar (known as SCC Toolbar)?

It is an Computer Telephony Integration Application, commonly known as Click-to-dial, which allows the user to make and receive (UC500) phone calls by using your Windows-based personal computer.

Completely misleading, frustrating and ridiculous.
Damian Halloran

Hey, We have to dial a 9 out now to call someone, and we use the free call connector. We just added the prefix to Modem Options section of the Contol Pannel on the Windows machine. Does this make sense?

I had high hopes that this would fixed it when we first installed too as I remembered you could configure that option in control panel.  It didn't have any effect unfortunately.  This is on Windows 7 with 2.00.005.

Thanks.

I added 9 in the dial out number box on all of our Windows 7 machines and

they all work fine.

On 11/18/10 7:15 PM, "gadellnet"

Hi pennautomotive,

Could you please post a screen shot of the dial out number box so that I can whether I'm missing something?

Thanks,

Damian Halloran

0419 308 036

damian@capitalit.net.au

Dear Joe;

Can you please explains the steps you are following? this should work accordingly, no matter if it is 9 or 0.

Regards
Alberto

I've tried the suggestion above by placing a zero in the modem options control panel but it has no effect.  The zero is not prepended to the number.

Is this supposed to work?

Damian Halloran

Alberto,

I haven't seen a response to my original post regarding the problem with inserting a prefix number for the SCC Toolbar.  Is there a problem I should be aware of?

I am a strong supporter of the UC500 range of equipment and believe that it is the best product on the market for this market segment.

I am frustrated at this point due to this issue and issues with the CCA tool which I know isn't your problem but it has added to my level of stress.

So can you please let me know if it should work to add a leading digit via the Phone and Modem control panel in Windows 7?

Thanks for your assistance.

Damian Halloran

Dear Damian;

Adding the digit via phone and modem control should work. I dont have windows 7 personally but other people and partners do it without issues.

Regards;
Alberto

Hi Damian:

As it says in the datasheet, the work number in the Outlook contact is inserted in the dial field when you click on the contact. The required access code and dialing prefixes can be added prior to pressing the dial button. The number in Outlook may not be in a dialable format. This allows the number to be converted to the appropriate dialable format.

Thanks

CallConnector Team

Hi,

I dont think it needs to be a full dial plan just a prefix number for an outside line. I have found using the Microsoft dialing rules within Windows 7 very flakey. It is quite frustrating when configuring the UC540 or UC560 using CCA (the only supported way) you have to add a prefix digit in. Quite often customers don't want this and on the older UC520 devices we have removed the 9 for an outside line. As the phone system does have a dial plan.

Jonathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: