Helpful
Replies

Smart Net for CBE 6000

omar Alqadi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I  have CBE 6000 with Part Number:CBE6K-K9

this product including Vmware vSphere - Hypervisor5.0 with part number VMW-VS5-HYP-K9

MY questions :  is the CON-SNT-CBE6KK99 SmartNet cover VMW-VS5-HYP-K9 or we need sperate  Smartnet ?

Best regards

3 Replies 3

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Omar,

There is no need to purchase additional support for the hypervisor provided with the BE6000.  Upgrades are provided via the UCSS subscription you purchase for your UCM users.

Regards,

Andy

thank you Andrew Hickman
but when i opened cas with cisc they replyed as below:

First reply :

Thanks for your quick reply. My working hours are 7 A.M to 2 P.M  US EST time.

I have searched with error  you have send me  on all cases UCS team has  troubleshoot’ d and fixed the issue.

Do you have ISV1 contract for Vmware assistance from cisco  or do you have a direct support contract with VMware?

Please provide me the ISV1 contract number if you have one.

If you have a direct support contract, please open a case with Vmware directly and let me know how it goes.

second Reply:

I just checked with cisco entitlement team and  got  reply Contract ID: 93542823 don’t have  ISV1 contract for VM ware support .
So you need to contact your cisco accounts manager  for assistance on VM ware support.

if we need  service for VM  please tell me what is the Partnumber for this servise .

Best Regards

Hi Omar,

This is one area where the BE6000 offer differs from the standard UCS procross.   Support for the OEM hypervisor is covered by the BE6000 platform SmartNet contract as part of the package. 

Upgrade entitlement is included with UCSS purchased for your UCM licenses.

Regards,

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: