cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SMTP Error Message

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

I have a customer whose Voicemail-to-Email is not working.

I was able to locate the error below in the system logs -- but it's too vague to really tell me what is going on.

Anyone have any insight into what this means?

Jul  2 10:40:21 UC320W user.debug voice: File name is /home/usb_disk/IVMS/var/spool/voicemail/users/100/inbox/msg0001

Jul  2 10:40:21 UC320W user.debug voice: bytes =149756, datalen =149756, filelen =149804

Jul  2 10:40:21 UC320W daemon.info sendmail: sendgetmail_main get WAN ip [98.100.215.190] as EHLO identify

Jul  2 10:40:21 UC320W daemon.info sendmail: smtp_checkp check EHLO [98.100.215.190] with code -1

Thanks.

P.S. This is on SSL (465), I believe the server is exchange.

5 Replies 5

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Daniel,

I haven't come across the code -1 with cisco appliances, but I've seen it elsewhere. Its something to the effect of server not reachable. It could also be an authentication issue. Did they do any exchange maintenance? Are they allowing unauthenticated mail on the exch server?   Can you open a smtp connection w/ the server?

Best,

David

We resolved this issue -- firmware upgrade + switch port to 587.

Oddly the system logs show that "code -1" message even for successful emails... not sure what to make of that.

Weird... glad its resolved though.

Yeah, thanks David.

Also, unrelated -- I seem to not be getting emails for new posts anymore. Hrm.

Neither am I, but I believe Dan @ Cisco passed it along to the right people.

Best,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: