Views
Helpful
Replies

SNR calls do not return to voicemail

phawara
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!

We're having an issue with SNR, calls are not returning to the voicemail located on the UC but instead going to the cell phone when unanswered.

I believe this is the correct setting for SNR, perhaps I have my timeout set incorrectly?

snr 94165551212 delay 2 timeout 5 cfwd-noan 600

94165551212 is the cell number

600 is our CUE

Any suggestions? We are using a T1 PRI -- I am aware of the issue when using analog lines.

Thanks in advance!

10 Replies 10

Hi Patrick,

Is this working? Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

Marcos

Still no luck.

You might need to look at the q931 messages going across the PRI.  If the call is getting connected before the cell phone answers, or doesn't answer, that would explain the problem.  To see that this works though, you would need to be actively looking at the q931 messages while the call was being made to see when the connected messages come across.

Hello Steven and Marcos,

I get the same issue with the SNR not going back to the voicemail on the internal extension number. I have tried both an external phone number to dial (i.e. mobile) and an internal extension. Both times when the call is not answered, the call goes into the mobile or internal extension's voice mail, not back to the original extension.

For example:

I have set up SNR for my extension (x203) to dial extension 205.

When the call does not get answered or I press the DND on extension 205, the caller gets dumped into extension 205's voice mail.

If a call is not answered, isn't the system suppose to send the call to the original extension for voice mail processing?

Thank you for your help.

Bert

Correct me if im wrong Marcos, but i thought when the call goes to the SNR number it can't then comeback i.e. the cfwd cannot get applied

Actually looks like you can, wow, are you using FXO lines?

see below:

Call forwarding of unanswered calls, configured with the cfwd-noan keyword in the snr command, is not supported for PSTN calls from FXO trunks because the calls connect immediately.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesnr.html

Just read your original post fully this time, you already know about the FXO problem, sorry

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

do you have any updates ???

I have the same problem the call doesn't come back to the voice mail if the mobile doesn't answer

Bert,

Don't press dnd on the SNR extension that is ringing. That will invoke the CF settings on the SNR extension and forward it to VM. You need to wait for the timeout to expire so that the cfwd-noan parameter configured for SNR will take in effect.

mrmhar1408,

Can you provide more details about your settings? The best would be to copy/paste the ephone-dn configurations that has SNR configured. Also, are the SNR calls going out a FXO port, SIP trunk, or ISDN trunk?

--
Anthony Yeung
Technical Marketing Engineer
Small Business Technolog Group
antyeung@cisco.com
Phone: 469.255.7597

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Although measures were taken to free this e-mail and its attachments from any malicious code infection, it is the responsibility of the recipient to check this email and any attachments for the presence of such infection. Statement and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender, and do not necessarily reflect those of BTAT.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: