cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Softphone as teleworker on UC540 easiest/cheapest?

JOHN THIEN
Level 1
Level 1

The VPN client built into the SPA525G2 does a great connecting to the remote UC540.  But the user would like to use a softphone on a notebook for travel purposes.

Cisco has IP Communicator.  If someone purchased a UC540, do they also have to purchase licenses for the IP Communicator?  Any idea what the costs would be for basically a single user?

Also, does it have a built-in VPN client?  Or do I have to first establish a VPN connection, and then start the CIPC?  Can I use the VPN client that I installed into the UC540 when I was configuring it?

Are there any other softphones that will work with a UC540?  Bonus points if there are any that have a built-in VPN client.  I'd like to make it as simple as possible for the guy, he can be technology challenged.

Any tips on the fastest/easiest/least expensive path are welcome.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will need to buy a license, and you will need either CiscoVPN client, or VPN Anyconnect. Cisco does not make sofphhones with a built in VPN.

For prices you can check with your reseller or browse online.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will need to buy a license, and you will need either CiscoVPN client, or VPN Anyconnect. Cisco does not make sofphhones with a built in VPN.

For prices you can check with your reseller or browse online.

Thanks, at least I know what has to happen now.

Thank yuo for the nice rating and good luck!