Views
Helpful
Replies

[SOLVED] Asterisk with SPA 303

theStorm666
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

we have a new setup with asterisk (1.6) and some SPA 303 phones.

There is a configuration on asterisk, which allows to programm call-redirections from the phone.

With a softphone i was able to programm call-redirections by dialing *440 or *450 etc.

But when i dial this from the SPA 303 the call is answered after dialing the first 3 keys (*44 or *45 etc.).

Also i'm not able to make transfers via keys given in features.conf (#[ext] or [*ext]).

So, the question is, how can i setup the phone / asterisk correctly?

Does somebody have a good example-configuration for SPA 303 with asterisk (Phone-Config + asterisk sip.conf)

Would be great.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Udit Mehrotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SPA phones are Small Business products.

Try posting your question here -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/voiceandconferencing/ipphones?view=discussions

karthikeyanm
Level 1
Level 1

Usually SPA phones do have vertical service activation codes that starts with *(asterisk). Check out the configuration manual. I dont have a 303 phone. But most SPA phones do have options to change it via web interface. Refer manual for and change that doesnt clash with your dialplan.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpipp/ip_phones/user/guide/spa300_sip.pdf

-HTH Karthik.

theStorm666
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your Replys,

i could solve the Problem yesterday. I had to change the Dialplan for the Extension.

The Standard-Dialplan accepts only two digits after *, cause of the pattern "*xx". If no other pattern can match the dialed numbers, the phone places the call automatically. I changed the Dialplanentry to "*x." and now it works!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: