Views
Helpful
Replies

SP525G2 no displaying any sftbuttons other than more

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The softbuttons on our 525G2 phones stopped displaying this morning.

I upgraded the firmware from 7-5-2b to 7-5-4 and no change.

Any suggestions as to where to look?

thanks

Graeme

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Graeme,

Two things to do, check the CLI and make sure the wrong phone type has been set, and also the wrong e-phone template has been set, I have known CCA to make a mistake and assign the wrong setup to the 525G phones, and this is the first thing that happens.

You can also go into CCA, change it to another template and then change it back and that may reinstate the soft keys, or build your own customized one and make sure you assign it to the right phone type I.E if it is a 525G then you assign it that one, if it is a 525G2 then you assign it that one, if it is a 50X phone then you assign it the proper template and make sure the right phone is assigned to the extension as well.

Those are the things I would check first

Cheers,

David Trad.

**When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) **

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Graeme,

Two things to do, check the CLI and make sure the wrong phone type has been set, and also the wrong e-phone template has been set, I have known CCA to make a mistake and assign the wrong setup to the 525G phones, and this is the first thing that happens.

You can also go into CCA, change it to another template and then change it back and that may reinstate the soft keys, or build your own customized one and make sure you assign it to the right phone type I.E if it is a 525G then you assign it that one, if it is a 525G2 then you assign it that one, if it is a 50X phone then you assign it the proper template and make sure the right phone is assigned to the extension as well.

Those are the things I would check first

Cheers,

David Trad.

**When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) **

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

thanks for the reply,

My CLI is not too good, can you give me some indication of wha tI should be looking for.

I changed the template in CCA back to default, and then back to our custom one and it didnt change.

I have also found out that and other phone swith a montior button assigned to monitor the 525G2 extension shows as the phone in use all the time, even if it isnt.

Thanks

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

Probably not a solution you want to hear, but have you rebooted the UC yet? I vaguely remember sometime ago a person responding to their own post that this resolve the problem, I don't know how long it resolved it for or if the problem resurfaced soon after, but I do remember this having a positive effect on resolving the problem.

Can you give that a shot and revert back to me?

Cheers,

David Trad.

hi David,

I have restarted the UC and the issue remains.

Graeme

Ok,

Its fixed now.

Went onto phones web interface and enabled bluetooth, phone rebooted, and the buttons were back.

Disabled bluetooth, phone rebooted and buttons still there.

So problem solved but root cause not identified.

Thanks for your help

Graeme

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: