cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 303 Stuck at initilizing network

Sage Major
Level 1
Level 1

When installing 303's we have some that will not pick up an ip address and stay at initilizing network.  The computer plugged in through time will connect to the internet.  Rebooting and re-plugging in cables does not seem to fix it.  Other spa 303's in the same place will work.  That 303 will not work into any port of the router.  The phone will work going into some other router.

We have run into this issue several times and 2 in the last week.  Both phones worked when plulgged into a Adtran router but not when plugged into a Cisco spr521.

Sage

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Go to the system tab and under VLAN settings, try turning off CDP and LLDP and see what happens.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Go to the system tab and under VLAN settings, try turning off CDP and LLDP and see what happens.

That solved it at two different instaliations.  Thanks.  We were having to go out and configure static ip's onto each phone that had the issue.

Thank you Very Very Very Very Much

I Disabled CDP and LLDP and it worked like magic

May god bless you friend, You have saved my life.

Many Thanks,

Fawzy

stuartkatz
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same error and can;t find the system tab on the phone to go to VLAN settings.  Tried rebooting the router too but that didn't help.

No system tab at all ?

You are not logged as administrator.

Never had to login as administrator -- how would I do that?  We're a one man company

Be sure phone know no number of mans in your company, thus it can't modify the behavior based on it.

See upper right corner:

jbdough01
Level 1
Level 1

creating new thread for same problem not solved by Correct Answer

This thread has been claimed "Answered Question". If you are affected by the same issue use the Correct Answer provided already.

If you are affected by other issue create brand new thread for it, please.

Thank you for your understanting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: