Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 303 Will Not Get IP Via DHCP

eduardo
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day Everyone,

I have 4 brand new SAP 303 phones. Two of them worked fine. The other two get stuck in the "Initializing Network" stage and do not get an IP adress. I used the same port to provision the otehr phone so it isnt that. I have already tried turning off CDP and LLDP under Vlan settings as suggested in another discussion and no luck.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Eduardo

8 Replies 8

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Either:

device didn't sent DHCP DISCOVER or REQUEST

or

such request is not delivered to DHCP server

or

DHCP server did not replied to the request

or

reply has not been delivered to device

or

reply is not recognized by device

Catch the packets on the wire and check DHCP server logs to identify which case apply to you. It will help you with further analysis.

Ciao Dan, can you suggest me a free software to do this?

It depend on operating system running on computer you have. But either tcpdump or wireshark should be correct answer for most of them.

Remember - if you have switched LAN the switch needs to be configured to deliver packets to computer running the software. Software can't catch packet not delivered to the computer running it, of course.

Ask your LAN administrator for help  in doubt.

hello,

i solved the problem connecting to another router/lan/dhcp server

the problem was on the begininng lan

thanks for your suggestions

regards

italpad2016
Level 1
Level 1

i have the same problem...

did you solve it?

Same issue, same response. Follow the advice above.

Old thread, but I restarted the DHCP Server service and the phone came right up.

ErmiasJoe
Level 1
Level 1

I have four Cisco IP phones, and while two of them are functioning flawlessly, the other two seem to be stuck at the "Initializing Network" stage and fail to obtain an IP address. Strangely, I've provisioned all phones using the same port, ruling out any physical connectivity issues. Despite attempting to troubleshoot by disabling CDP and LLDP under VLAN settings as suggested in similar discussions of patchouli leaves.