SPA 303

jowan.mcruz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Need help provisioning SPA303.

FW: 7.4.7

Model: Cisco SPA303

Have set up the profile rule: http://company.com//linksys/$PN/spa$MA.cfg, however upon boot up, device does not even request or point to that url instead it requests for:

Read Request, File: SEP5475D02AA830.cnf.xml\000, Transfer type: octet\000, timeout\000=10\000, tsize\000=0\000

We have provision 942s, 500 series models before, but never encountered this issue.

Another issue, the factory reset function is not available via phone gui, nor the **** IVR does nto seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Jowan

9 Replies 9

stpaulalex
Level 1
Level 1

IF you use TFTP instead of HTTP, does that work (maybe the 303 doesn't

support the HTTP protocol for config files?).

As for the factory reset option, on the 5xx series, there's an option on

the system tab to switch the phone UI to "read only" or "user mode".

Are these options enabled?

-Alex Hieronymi

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jowan,

I don't suppose you could attach the config (suitably anonymised) to the thread, or else send to me directly.  Certainly the SPA300s support http as a provisioning protocol, so there must be somthing unusual about your setup.  And factory reset should be visible in the GUI - Option number 14 in the menu on the unit I have in front of me.

If you can supply the config we should get to the bottom of it pretty quickly.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave,
Can you pm me your email so I can forward you the config.

Option 14 on my unit is "Set Password".

Thanks for your help.

hello,

do you have more info : I have the same problem = no factory reboot menu available on my spa303 v7.4.7. I have on menu 14 the same thing about changing password.

is there a bug in this v7.4.7 firmware ?

Apologies if wasnt able to update this thread sooner.

Re issues raised:

- it was an provisioning issue was on our side.

this bit here, TFTP      Read Request, File: XMLDefault303.cnf.xml\000, Transfer type: octet\000, timeout\000=10\000, tsize\000=0\000,

according to david, is to determine whether the phone has been deployed in conjunction with a UC500.

However, if you want the device to stop doing this, you need to set these parameters to:

Signaling_Protocol  "SIP";
SPCP_Auto-detect    "No";

- As for the factory reset, need to set this parameter to "No"

Protect_IVR_FactoryReset                        "No" ;

and that option on the phone gui will appear. However this also means that the the phone can be factory reset via the IVR.

Assumption is, its a bug as this parameter should only apply to IVR, whether the parameter is a set or not, in theory, it should not affect the option in the phone GUI.

Strictly speaking, it is probably not a bug.  The SPA303 (and the other phones with an LCD display) doesn't use an IVR because the LCD is a much quicker and easier way to interact with the phone.  The Protect_IVR_FactoryReset parameter pre-dates the existance of phones with LCDs, hence the reference to IVR in the parameter.  In principle, we could change the name of the parameter to remove the IVR reference, but that would break backwards compatability with older devices.  Alternatively we could implement a new parameter for devices without IVRs, but that would limit the ability to share config files between LCD devices and non-LCD devices.

The long and the short of it is that it is not really a big enough deal to warrant a change.

Cheers,

Dave.

Ok thanks a lot, I have the menu Factory reset now. But when I use the "Admin_Passwd" parameter It doesn't work : the phone directly reboot.

I mean is it still possible to have a password to use with the factory reset ?

Regards,

Patrick.

Hi Patrick,

The way this *should* work is that if you have Protect_IVR_FactoryReset set to 'Yes' then you should still see the menu option, but need to enter the admin password to be able to execute it.  With Protect_IVR_FactoryReset set to 'No' then you can reset without the password.  I spoke with the product team about this today, and it turns out that they have already identified the current behaviour (where setting Protect_IVR_FactoryReset to 'Yes' removes the option entirely) as a bug, and fixed it.  The fix will be available in release 7.4.8, which is due out very soon - just a couple of weeks away.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Dave.

Ok thanks for that. I still have the Admin_Passwd parameter so it should be ok when we'll upgrade to the last firmware.

Regards,

Patrick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: