cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 500 Series Phones and Headsets

invtechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

I know that the 7975 phones work well with Plantronics wireless headsets and will do remote answer with the special adapter cable.  Is the same true for the SPA 500 Series?

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

For the SPA-500 series phones you will need the Plantronics HL-10 handset lifter, the SPA phones do not support HHC and need to be controlled through the lifter, it works well

I would recommend the Plantronics Savii 700 series as well, they seem to work the best and have only just been released, their range is also better than the former CS-60 which is also nifty to have

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

What "corded" headsets work with the SPA 500s?  Do they all require an amplifier or other device to connect to the phone?

Hi There,

I am a big fan of the "Jabra 2120NC" corded headset, they are a mono headset and there is a Stereo headset if the person wish to have better sound control, but the mono one is the most popular because it is cheap

You will need the 2.5mm Curly Cord adapter with it, just make sure you get the curly cord and not the straight cable as the straight one tends to get into knots quicker and has less extension on it.

There are other brands out there that you can use, but the Jabra ones are quite a high quality and value for money as well, and I just stick with what I know works and does not give headache

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks David!

You are more than welcome

Cheers,

David.

These headsets are specific for the SPA500 phones and work very well.

www.aiheadsets.com/cisco-spa-headset.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: