Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 502G login screwed up

OldSchoolTechie
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have a few of these units running 7.6.2SR2.

After I upgraded from SR1 I cannot login onto the device web pages anymore; they keep prompting for credentials (of which there are none save for the defaults which don't work either -> 401 ). Goint thru the release notes, I find the following:

User Web Password

The new User Web Password parameter eliminates the user requirement for daily password entry on the LCD GUI to use the basic functions[ ....]

The options are No and Yes:

If the User Password field is not empty, using this field restricts user access through the web interface and LCD GUI.
    If the User Password field is empty, no password is needed to access the LCD GUI.

However, the user must enter a password to access the web interface. This is the User Web Password parameter that was set earlier.

I could login just fine before, what is it that I have misinterpreted ? There was no password set, ever.

I can access the LCD GUI.

There is no provisioning or a PBX in place, it's a static setup.

Dan

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have SPA508G with 7.6.2b (a.k.a. 7.6.2SR2), with Admin Password filled and both User Password and User Web Password empty. Admin password is required to enter /admin/ part of WWW UI and admin items are either inaccessible or read only in LCD UI. No password is required to enter user parts of either WWW or LCD UI.

Either I missed your's issue description, or it "just works for me".

Sorry for the late answer, been busy.....

to put it short - there were NO passwords set at all. I could access any part  (user or admin) of the web GUI. The config was unchanged before/while I updated, and after updating the devices (of which there are three) started prompting for credentials.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: