Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 504g admin password options

evan.chadwick1
Level 1
Level 1

HI Folks, 

I just tried to set a web admin password on the 504g. 

I used my password safe so I definately have the correct credentials, but it won't allow me on.

Do you think the phone accepts characters that it does't actually like to process when loggin in?

4 Replies 4

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So many possible causes. Just reset phone to factory default and configure it from scratch including new password.

Its strange as the phone will accept the password locally from the keypad. I changed the password and it still will not accept it. I have two more phones I wanted to configure passwords for but am holding off until I get one working. Hmm, I just noticed via SYSTEM there is

user password 

admin password

When one fills in the password, what will the username be? I mistook the user password to = username!

I've just tried cisco as a username. 

is user password for local use on the phone?

The correct name for administrator's access is 'admin'. 'cisco' us for user access level only.

Consider to read "Administrators guide".

I set the phones up without reading it but for something so simple I guess I had better!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: