Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spa 504g PC port periodically shuts down

Hello all, I have a problem with spa504g. I'm using few spa504g in my office. Computers connected to the network via phones onboard switch. From time to time pc lose the network connection (usially it happened after switching of the ethernet cable from the computer, or after computer going to the sleeping mode). Problem can be fixed by rebooting of the phone. I have the same problem on all spa504g in office.

Can somebody help me please?

P.S. sorry for my english, i'm from russia.

32 Replies 32

mwarmbier,

We have disabled Provision and Firmware, still same issues remain after 3 weeks.  Others should try though.  Thanks.

I'm with you Richard (noctradeit). There doesn't seem to be any interest in resolving this KNOWN ISSUE that has existed well over a year! Warranty is still valid but about to expire for my client, my recommendation to them is to return the phones and buy a brand OTHER THAN CISCO... BTW, their reseller is no better, Telus is nowhere to be found since they received paymant. No Support AT ALL.

Hello Jim,

I have seen this issue even when there was no phone involved. In my setup, the issue was happening when I connect a GigE NIC to a FastEthernet Switch. In most cases, disabling and re-enabling the interface (on Windows) resolved the issue. In some cases, I had to reboot the laptop to get the link again. Have you tried disabling/re-enabling the LAN interface on the PC/Laptop? Can you please send me a Private Message with your contact information so I can ask one of our Engineers to reach out to you?

Thanks,

Nagaraja

Hello Randall,

Is there any update about this case CSCtz17933? I see many people that are replacing the phones for Polycom to solve the problem. How come it is not resolved after one year of Troubleshooting by your team? Can we send the phones back to get a refund and replace them for Polycom?

Kind Regards,

Richard Vernooij

Hello Richard,

Can you please reach out to Cisco SBSC and open a Service Request in this regard?

Thanks,

Nagaraja

Just wondering, has anyone resolved this issue?

It is not solved in FW 7.1.5a our phones have this firmware and are also having issues with the PC port.

Kind Regards,

Richard Vernooij

Hi Randall,

Is there any update about this case CSCtz17933?

Kind Regards,

Richard Vernooij

Jack Nichols
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with this same problem.  Customer unpugs laptop and takes it to conference rooom and then returns and plugs into the Ethernet cable coming from the phone and he has no connection.  Have tried restating his machine, resetting network adaptor, etc. but the only way to fix is to reboot the phone. 

Has there been any response from Cisco on this issue?

I will try the band-aids mentioned above to see if they have any affect.

techplease
Level 1
Level 1

One of our tenants has Cisco SPA504G and his PC port will shut down completely. His laptop (macbook) says that the ethernet is disconnected.  When this happened I disconnected his laptop and tested my laptop as well (macbook) and got the same results. 

Rebooting the phone (It's POE, so we disconnected the ethernet) fixes the issue immediately.  We have a few other tenants that experience this issue with the same model phone.

I swapped his phone with a Polycom IP 550 and the issue seems to be resolved.  Until Cisco comes out with a permanent fix, we are suggestting replacing phones with Polycom phones. 

(Side Note: We have about 250 tenants, and only 3 or 4 tenants have complained of this issue.)

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

Anything new on this?

We have a customer who is having this problem on 10+ SPA504G's.

Periodically the PC Port just stops working -- if you plug in a PC, it says that there is no cable connected. This is not a PC specific issue -- it is definitely the phone. Rebooting the phone seems to resolve the issue in many cases.

We are still having the issue with the 504g's.  We have replaced the 504g's with Polycom 331's and the issue has been resolved.  It seems to happen most frequently with users that are using laptops and coming and going...

We have a client experiencing this issue as well. It also appears, as Jeff said, that it happens with Laptop users who move around the office or are in an out. Desktops have not yet experienced this issue but we've had a half dozen or so Laptop users that have. While it's an easy (temporary) fix it is very frustrating for users. This is a known issue that has existed for a year? Really???

Interestingly I was at a customer site last night (different customer than the one that had this issue originally) and they mentioned that they have had 4-5 phones that the PC port locked up on. A reboot of the phone fixed the issue.

I have a SBCS case open for this right now and the last thing we have tried is upgrading to the latest firmware (there is newer phone firmware than what is in SWP 8.6.1). Still waiting on the customer to see if the issue is resolved

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

I am also having this issues with some spa504g phones on firmware 7.5.5 among some older firmware.  Upon looking at the bug report from Cisco it was just closed with no fix planned.  Rebooting my problem phones does not resolve the issue.  Did any of you guys figure this out or is still outstanding?

Thanks

-Raul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: