cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 504G phones

Ken Jay
Level 1
Level 1

Where can I find a document which identifies the full functionality of the SPA 504G phones.  Our system is hosted by an outside service provider, but we are unable to determine if our functionality problems are because we don't understand how the phone is supposed to work, or if is a result of a result of our hosting company's use of third party software.  The phone data guide descriptions are too terse and lack a full description of the phone functions.  For example, what does "distinctive ringing based on calling and called number" really mean?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rosaho
Level 3
Level 3

This discussion has been reposted to the SPA IP Phones community.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rosaho
Level 3
Level 3

This discussion has been reposted to the SPA IP Phones community.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no such document you are asking for as far as I know. The basic document is Administrators Guide, sometime not only the one for particular model, but also those dedicated to other models may be helpful. There are other documents dedicated to specific tasks like Provisioning or XML Applications.

Some features are documented in CSC document or as part of discussion. Either by staff or an enthusiast.

Some seems to be documented nowhere - feel free to test them and describe.

The most complete list of documents are Documentation (not counting Google, of course).

I maintained such document of documents in old CSC framework. Unfortunately, it's no longer possible in new CSC system, so the document deteriorate slowly and become obsolete ...