cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 525G1 and G2 as teleworker phones reboot spontaneously

John Gawf
Level 1
Level 1

I have two independent cases of SPA525G1 and G2 being used as teleworker phones spontaneously rebooting during calls.  They are running the latest software (7.4.8).  It doesn't happen at any other time, only during phone calls.  The SPA525G1 is my office phone which I use from our remote office and the 525G2 belongs to a customer using it remotely to their UC540.  Both UC540's are running 15.0(1)XA3a.  They typically will reboot at some point during every phone call.  I haven't opened a case on this yet.

35 Replies 35

John Gawf
Level 1
Level 1

I asked to have my SR esclated and they also gave me the T3c beta.  I loaded it on Tuesday night and yesterday I had no spontaneous reboots during calls.  Also, the problem of my remote sites calling each other with the latest released IOS mentioned earlier in this thread wasn't a problem. I will test again today, but it looks good. 

Here are my combination of versions

525G firmware: 7.4.7 (as I said earlier in the thread SBSC didn't recommend anything higher and wait for 7.4.9)

AnyConnect Client: 2.4.1012  (this is old, but is what my customer was using).

My SR engineer gave me two DDTS for the problem, however the first one isn't accessible with the public Bug Toolkit

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/action.do?hdnAction=searchBugs

CSCtn24188  - SPA525 crash after make a call over SSL-VPN

CSCtn53658  - SPA525 phone reset after 'Unknown packet received' message.

I suspect the first DDTS was marked as a duplicate of the second as why it isn't available for viewing.

Thanks for everyones input.  Hopefully we can put this behind us.  I was going to update the other older thread about this problem later today.

Sadly it looks like I'll be needing this as well. I have a 525G2 using VPN on my desk and it does the same random reboot. I've been trying to get somewhere on this for months. I'm thrilled I found this thread.

econsystems
Level 1
Level 1

Have a client with 2 remote office.  Site1 has 5 phones which are 7945/7965 behind an SR520 and are working.

I need to setup Site2 with a single SPA525G2 phone.  While configuring the steps as suggested in the document name

SPA525_Remote_SSL_VPN_with_CCA_TEL_19_sdistef.pdf

it instructs to enable FULL TUNNELING.

However the instructions for the SR520

UC 500 teleworker configuration and operation with CCA TEL.pdf

explicitly states that the UC needs to be in SPLIT TUNNELING mode.

Coincidently, the instrucitons are on page 6 of both documents.  Documents attached.

Also, we got the same issue of the 525G2 constantly rebooting itself while the conversation is going on.  Which is not pleasing the client at all.

Looks like we have a little conflict in the basic configurations.  Can someone please help. 

Thanks.

I would definitely use Full Tunnel Mode for any phone VPNs.  The reference to Split Tunneling is for creating AnyConnect VPN's for user PC's where you may want to use SplitTunneling to allow "general" Internet traffic to egress directly to the Internet instead of going into the tunnel and egressing to the Internet throught the UC.  If all your users are phone users, then set full tunnel.  If a user occasionally uses that credential from a PC to attach, then there is no harm in full tunneling and bringing all their traffic back to the UC for Internet egress.

For the phone reboot problem, you are going to have to open a Service Request at SBSC and ask them for the pre-release IOS version mentioned earlier in this thread.  The upgrade is easy via CCA and takes about 20 minutes at most.

agree.  the docs were written for the two different types.  One is for a router, the other, a phone...

econsystems
Level 1
Level 1

Steve and John, thanks for the reply.  Steve, I understand your point, but there is only one UC and Tunneling settings for the VPN server is the same whichever type of VPN connection is established.  For this client I need to have both type of VPNs working, as one office is just 1 phone and the other have 5.

So, what do you recommend as far as the Split or Full Tunneling and will it cause any issue for the other type.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: