cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 525G2 issues (silent calls, network error, ...)

cisco43ftrd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've had troubles with SPA 525G2 phones at a customer's site for some weeks now:

- Calls are silent from time to time

- Terminated calls (either via button or hanging up from either communications partner) stay on the display for up to 30 seconds before actually closing

- Phones frequently freeze for some seconds after ending a call (no reaction to button input or going offhook - although incoming calls are displayed and the phone rings)

- Phones display "Network error" and re-register after some seconds from time to time ( this often happens after freezing)

I recently installed software pack 8.6.1 (UC560) and upgraded phone firmware to 7.5.4, but neither solved any of the problems. I suspected massive network traffic to be a problem, but since voice quality is excellent and tracing with wireshark revealed only minor network load, I can cross that from the list.

I have no idea where I should continue troubleshooting.

Has anyone expirienced similar problems and are there any show commands I should check?

Kind regards,

Rainhard

5 Replies 5

Hello Rainhard,

How the SPA525 is connected to the UC - wired, wireless or through VPN?

Could you check if the SPA525 is using octo-line ephone-dn.

Best regards,

Alex

Hi,

The phones are wired and the respective ephone-dns are all configured as dual-line.

Kind regards,

Rainhard

Hello Rainhard,

It seems that it could be caused by excessive traffic. Please paste the show interface output from the data and voice vlan after removing sensitive information.

I think it will be good to open a case with SBSC.

Best regards,

Alex

c.holloway
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having only one of the problems you listed, calls to the phone are intermittently silent.  This occurs across all extensions on the phone and happens with both internal and external calls.

Me too, is experiencing silent and/or one way audio in spa525g2 from time to time. the spa 525g2 is configure with 3 user extensions. Line 1 is working fine, however, the other lines intermittently having one way or no audio issues, and would need to factory reset the phone and reconfigure it to make it work again.

the spa525g2 is connected to the differnet network than the pbx server.

is this some kind of a bug on spa525g2?

are there someone whoexperience this and knows how fix this issue?

thanks in advance,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: