Abdenacer.

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Abdenacer,

The problem I encounter on the job 502-504 spa is at the display

that can not handle accents in the repertory key

If I understand what you are referring to, then this is normal behavior... Things like Apostrophe, dashes, or Spaces is not allowed I dont know why this is, but it does resemble the old days of Unix restrictions.

The second point is noted by a number of clients is at the hearing

speaking of spa is not of good quality since we are forced to increase

almost maximun noise, of course it deteriorates the quality of the hearing

Again I will point out that this is a well known issue and there is no "fix" for this that I am aware of, however more recent firmware's seem to have improved it a little. The problem is more known when on Analogue lines, if they are on ISDN/PRI circuits this issues does not seem to be seen much at all. The SPA-500 series phones do not have the same audio quality as their more expensive counter parts such as the 7900 series or the 6900 series phones.

If you are concerned about this then I would highly recommend to you that you look at selling the 6900 series which are almost comparable in price to the SPA-500 series, but lack one major function, and that is a DSS console or a side cart for extra buttons, this is a major draw back, but still the phones are pretty damn good quality and look pretty good on desks too.

Hope this information helps.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thank's David  for both answers are actually very clear

I would just add a note to the first question about

the accents on the menu directory, when you actually touch the selection

directory you choose the local directory, staff ... and it is these words that are

misinterpreted, while the word before and directory with accents is

correct

Thank you for your information

Very Sincerely.