Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 921 problem

cisconext
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm installing an IPPBX at our office, using some new hardware, but also using an SPA921 we bought a some time ago (feb 2008).

The phone has never been really used, except for some testing at the time of purchase...

Now I'm trying to set it up, but the phone reponds erratically; when picking up a line, it hangs up immediately, the 4 keyboard buttons at the botton of the screen do not match the text displayed on the screen (if I press dnd button, cfwd highlights; if I press dir button, redial highlights). Also, when typing a number, the phone goes crazy and types continuously numbers on the screen).
I even tried to downgrade it to a previous firmware, but same results.

Any clue ? Is that kind of hardware still under warranty ?
S/N 4KM00GA02814

In the meantime we purchased a SPA504G for testing purpose, but of course we'd like the SPA921 to get fixed.

Thanks,

Thomas

3 Replies 3

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas;

I suggest you upgrade the firmware of the device and resume your testing. These phones have been on the market for some time and behave correctly. Latest firmware is available at cisco.com

Regards
Alberto

Alberto,

The firmware has already been upgraded to the latest available (5.1.8).

I tried a reset to factory defaults, downgrade, upgrade, but the unit is still in trouble...
Btw, it's a SPA941, not 921.

Update Feb 22. Alberto, any suggestion? Should I just throw away the 921, or is there anything else I could try?

The phone was bought on Feb 28,2008. Is there any chance there's still warranty on it ?

Ce message a été modifié par: cisconext

Hi Alberto,

Still no news from you... what can I do ?

Help me please !

Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: