cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-942 Syslog Settings

JoshFoshee
Level 1
Level 1

I have looked all around but cannot find how to change the Local setting from 0 to another setting. Is this changeable in the SPA-942?

Thanks,

Josh

3 Replies 3

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Can you put down the parameter name that you are looking at?   We have 'debug level'  which range from 0 to 3, is that what you are looking for?

Yes on syslog you have syslog UNIX facilities that it can use. The SPA-942 sends out on local0 by default. I was wanting to change to a different local. The local options are local0 through local7. You can change them in a cisco router by "Logging Facility localX" command. A further example can be found here for the 12.0 firmware on Cisco routers. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0/configfun/configuration/guide/fctroubl.html#wp5170. Hope this clarifies the setting I am trying to change.

Thanks,

Josh

The only thing that we can append to the ip address is the port number for the syslog or debug server parameters.  For example, you can put in 192.168.2.2:515 for those parameters to write to that ip address and port 515.  By default, if you just have the ip address, it will write to port 514.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: