Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA303 2-Lines Config

elacheche
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I have a SPA303, I was using it with just one phone line but now I need to add a second one, so I configure it, here how I did it, from the http://IP/admin/advanced WUI I configure the EXT1 and EXT 2 like this:

Ext1

• Proxy and Registration:

Proxy: sip.ovh.fr

• Subscriber Information:

Display Name: Name1

User ID: PhoneNumber

Password: PASSWORD

Use Auth ID: YES

Auth ID: PhoneNumber

Ext2

• Proxy and Registration:

Proxy: sip.ovh.co.uk

• Subscriber Information:

Display Name: Name2

User ID: PhoneNumber2

Password: PASSWORD

Use Auth ID: YES

Auth ID: PhoneNumber2

I submit the config, my SPA303 restart and then where I find a problem, actually in the LCD screen only the phone number configured in the EXT1 is showen for all of the 3 lines!!

When I look at the Status menu in the phone I find that my EXTs are well configured!!

I tried to disable the EXT1 and leave the EXT2 enable, after the reboot I have nothing showne on the screen!!

Thx for your help

7 Replies 7

elacheche
Level 1
Level 1

up up up

Hi Anis El Acheche, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. Well in this case we need a little bit more information, could you share with us more details as your topology? We will appreciate that information.

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hey Luis,
Thx for finding time to answer me

I think that my Netowok Toplogy have nothing to do with the problem described in my above message, I think that this is a hardware or software problem, I already upgrade my SPA303 to the latest Frimware version..

But I'll answer you any way because my topology cause an other problem, actually I have a server host a GW powered by Endian FW wich is connected to an SDSL(RED) & my LAN(Green), my LAN use the Star Topology.

My second problem is with the sound, I enabled the port 5060 in my Endian FW so now I can make/receive calls but I can here nothing when I answer that call, need I to open other ports??

Regards

My first problem is solved, I forget to enable the line keys in the phone tab, sorry for that..

I steal have the no audio problem.. What ports used by the phone??

Dear Anis,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

I’d first suggest you to check on the below document for how to properly set the audio input gain on your SPA303 device;

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=2768

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything I may assist you with.

Kind regards

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Thank you very much, every thing is well  configured, I beleive that my no audio problème is a ports problem.. when I open all the ports on my FW I can here my contact but if I filter my network using ports(the voip 5060 ports is open) I can't here my contact..

Thx again for your help

The port 5060 is standard SIP protocol command port. But you need another ports for RTP (e.g. audio) channel. The exact port number for RTP is ad-hoc selected from configured range.

The range in question can be configured, read:

You can open only ports from the range instead of all ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: