Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA303 - Config file questions

PatrickReady
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

Other day I was given a SPA303 and told to make it work within our platform. I have taken on the task of downloading the SPCtool and generating the sample config into plaintext. I have turned this into a config file on my local machine and then turned my PC into a TFTP server and set option 66 on my DHCP device to point to my PC. I had no problem getting the phone to download the sample template I uploaded. However, I needed to place it in the correct folder destination it wanted. For example, I had to create "/Cisco/Config/$MA.cfg file structure for the phone to find this file. However, the phone is also looking for A SPA303.cfg file in the root directory that I can not find referenced anyplace. 

I am looking for anyone who is familar with the phone enough to give me a nice one over of how to create a template of for this phone. I will then place this on a local tftp server. The config file will then tell the phone the correct location to go and register. 

I have reivewed a lot of the provisioning guide (Linked below) with no real luck in understanding what the phone needs to work. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/ata/provisioning/guide/Cisco_Small_Business_IP_Telephony_Provisioning_Guide.pdf

2 Replies 2

PatrickReady
Level 1
Level 1

Giving this a push to the top. 

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business voice - SPA phones". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: