Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA303 - Config file questions

PatrickReady
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

Other day I was given a SPA303 and told to make it work within our platform. I have taken on the task of downloading the SPCtool and generating the sample config into plaintext. I have turned this into a config file on my local machine and then turned my PC into a TFTP server and set option 66 on my DHCP device to point to my PC. I had no problem getting the phone to download the sample template I uploaded. However, I needed to place it in the correct folder destination it wanted. For example, I had to create "/Cisco/Config/$MA.cfg file structure for the phone to find this file. However, the phone is also looking for A SPA303.cfg file in the root directory that I can not find referenced anyplace. 

I am looking for anyone who is familar with the phone enough to give me a nice one over of how to create a template of for this phone. I will then place this on a local tftp server. The config file will then tell the phone the correct location to go and register. 

I have reivewed a lot of the provisioning guide (Linked below) with no real luck in understanding what the phone needs to work. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/ata/provisioning/guide/Cisco_Small_Business_IP_Telephony_Provisioning_Guide.pdf

2 Replies 2

PatrickReady
Level 1
Level 1

Giving this a push to the top. 

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business voice - SPA phones". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.