cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA500 N-party conference

joseph.soto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have a problem with some SPA525G2 and SPA502 registered to a Alcatel's Softswitch. The problem is that this phones can only make 3-Way conferences and we need them to be able to make N-party conferences. They are using SIP. Is there something on the Phones we need to set for this to work? I see there is an option called Conference Bridge URL, does anyone knows what is this for?

Thanks in Advanced for your Help

3 Replies 3

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

This parameter is dependent on the server but the admin guide shows the following info

This is the URL used to join into a conference call,

generally in the form of the word “conference” or

“user@IPaddress:port”

nseto,

what you mean is, that this URL is used to join a conference and no to initiate one? What we need is to initiate a conference from the SPA500 and then add more than 3 parties.

This is the information I found:

The  SPA3xx/5xx IP phone family allows you to configure the phone to support  N-way conference calls by using an external conference server.

By factory default, the phones are configured to support 3-way phone-based conferencing.

If you have a conference server, you can configure N-way conferencing on the phone that will initiate conference calls.

Note:  The phone will only use one method of conference bridging, either  phone-based 3-way or server-based N-way. Once you have configured a  Conference Bridge URL, the phone will use server-based conferencing for  all conference calls.

I need to know how to configure the phone to use an external conference server. Can you help me with this?

You need to set up the server to control the conference so you can have more that 3 parties for a conference call.  If the phone controls the conference, it can only handle up to 3 parties.  You can initiate with the phone but the server needs to control the conference.