cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA500 phones - Can you replicate buttons to other like phones under the UC320?

Chet Prokop
Level 1
Level 1

We're just deploying our fist UC320 system at a doc office where there are a dozen exam rooms with the same 504's--to be set up the same way... same button choices. Same thing for anoother dozen 508's on the staff desks.  Is there a way to replicate a phone button layout from one phone to one or more other, like phones? WIth other systems we deploy, we can setup templates and save to each.

Also, is there a way to modify some of the feature buttons? For instance, pressing DND ... to go to a ring group or route to a cellphone???  Or, setting 'all phones' to have the backlight on?

I dont know if there is a management utility to manage phones once deployed and active under a UC320, but if there is...I want it!

Thanks,

Chet.            

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
SMB IT and Telecom Services
Houston, TX       

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
SMB - IT and Telecom Services
Houston, TX
2 Replies 2

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Chet,

You can configure phone button settings at Phone Buttons page in the Configure Utlity.There is no replication utility yet, and the buttons feature can't be modified. But you can press CFWD sftkey to forward the calls to a group or a cell phone. Once the phones are deployed, you can view phones configure by accessing the phone's IP (within voice vlan), but you can't modify it through the GUI.

Best regards,

Wendy

So, if you have 20+ phones, you're stuck setting up buttons one phone at a time....!  Wow. No adv tricks or utils you can share? Or third party apps?

Your suggestion to use CFWD is fine, but CFWD requires you to enter a phone number each time you leave as it's not persistend.  It's not like having a DND to toggle to a known state. As setting this from "goto voicemail" to "goto a cell phone number".  Seems like that one should be an no brainer...

Any chance for us more advanced guys we do that through the phone web interface... and have it stick?  Or mod the XML for each phone?  I'm just looking for that next layer of usefulness that doc and law offices always ask for. (and we find in other systems all the time).

I've been told there are 3rd party utils that modify or copy phone parameters. If that's true, will the parameters persist with the 320 or be overwritten on reboots?

Thanks, Wendy.

Chet.

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
SMB IT and Telecom Services
Houston, TX

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
SMB - IT and Telecom Services
Houston, TX
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: