cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA500 phones have more features with UC320?

frenaudcisco
Level 1
Level 1

We have a UC560 system setup in shop and we've received a UC320W for testing. When I plug in a SPA509G phone into the UC320W network (did a basic setup on it) and go into the IP phone's web interface (10.1.1.xx) I have a lot more options than when I plug it into our UC560. For example, I can program speed dials, change more options, etc. Also, if I press on a softkey for 3-4 seconds, I can program a speed dial on a phone. Another thing that works is the "star" codes, that I don't seem to have when plugged into our UC560 system.

The UC320 seems to give the user more control over his phone. Any way to get thos options working on the UC560? Something like individual speed dials seems incredibly counter-intuitive to program and use with the CCA and users have very limited control over there phones.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

pierrescotland
Level 1
Level 1

With uc500 you use the CCME interface for users. Http://uc500ipaddess/ccme.html

They can set speeddials and call forwarding from there.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

the UC300 series PBX has a lot of features hat CME and therefore UC500 is missing and vice versa.

When you use the SPA-phones with an UC300 system you have some features that are only present in the "original" CUCM - like different colors on the BLF-fields indicating a ringing monitored line (falshing yellow) , a busy monitored line (red static light). There are also some nice symbols on the UC300 system next to the 5 line-buttons on SPA525G(2) phones.

See this Video for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiudeXWJqjM

Then again you can do so much more stuff with the CME on the UC500 what does not work on UC300 at all.

regards,

Fabian

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

pierrescotland
Level 1
Level 1

With uc500 you use the CCME interface for users. Http://uc500ipaddess/ccme.html

They can set speeddials and call forwarding from there.

Hello Francis,

+5 for Pierre. Just to add to what Pierre has already answered the star codes you were reffering - you may use them the standard one which are enabled usually with the UC500 are the following:

telephony-service fac standard

callfwd all **1

callfwd cancel **2

pickup local **3

pickup group **4

pickup direct **5

park **6

dnd **7

redial **8

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Francis,

Just to elaborate further on the previous two posts, simply put, one does the phones configuration/update on the system itself, and the other opens the phone up to allow for it to be done on the phone itself.

The UC-320W does not have the same configuration capabilities as the UC-500, but to be honest I do like the idea of allowing it to be done on the phone directly.

Cheers,

David Trad.
davidtradconsultinggmail.com

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

frenaudcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah, I did see the possibility of doing it through the CCME interface, but users would have to access it with the admin password...

I still don't see why it's so complicated ot have a user configure basic functions on there own phone. It's really weird that the UC320 give the user more control over their phone.

No, users access it with the username and password you specify for each (e)phone. Admin password is not required, and gives a totally different interface and options.

Thanks to everyone for their help! Although not as user-friendly as the UC320, I've given access to the CME interface to our users.

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

the UC300 series PBX has a lot of features hat CME and therefore UC500 is missing and vice versa.

When you use the SPA-phones with an UC300 system you have some features that are only present in the "original" CUCM - like different colors on the BLF-fields indicating a ringing monitored line (falshing yellow) , a busy monitored line (red static light). There are also some nice symbols on the UC300 system next to the 5 line-buttons on SPA525G(2) phones.

See this Video for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiudeXWJqjM

Then again you can do so much more stuff with the CME on the UC500 what does not work on UC300 at all.

regards,

Fabian

Excellent info! Points for you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: