Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA500DS support still pending on the UC500

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Partners,

Please be advised that the SPA 500DS is still not supported with the UC500 platform. The SBCS Feature Description Guide reflects that and does not claim support fo this device.

Please consider using a SPA 500S side car or if a digital display is needed then a 7900 phone can be used with the 7914 Key Expansion module. Our apologies for any confusion in the field.

UC500 Team.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Navin X Albert wrote:

Dear Partners,

Please be advised that the SPA 500DS is still not supported with the UC500 platform. The SBCS Feature Description Guide reflects that and does not claim support fo this device.

Please consider using a SPA 500S side car or if a digital display is needed then a 7900 phone can be used with the 7914 Key Expansion module. Our apologies for any confusion in the field.

UC500 Team.

Thank you for the heads up. Now trying to be a little more practical:

Will that be done ?

If yes, when ?

Any answer but indefinite ones will help us the Dear Partners in selling Cisco products, with the credibility that such a big name deserves.

Ian Brennan
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any update on this?  It seems like a lot of Cisco partners really got burned because of the previosly very unclear documentation on the SPA500DS.

I think it is at least reasonable for Cisco to provide a timeline on when this will be supported with the UC500 series.

Ian Brennan wrote:

Is there any update on this?  It seems like a lot of Cisco partners really got burned because of the previosly very unclear documentation on the SPA500DS.

I think it is at least reasonable for Cisco to provide a timeline on when this will be supported with the UC500 series.

Proably never, Cisco is not doing any development on the product and will EoS it soon.

Note my question above has not been answered.

UC500 still fits into a price point that can't be touched by CME or any other offerings. Obviously BE3000 seems like it will be replacing the UC500 soon, but from my understanding there is still much work to be done.

Cisco should support the SPA phones as SIP in UC500 so the 500DS would work with minimal effort.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Ian Brennan wrote:

UC500 still fits into a price point that can't be touched by CME or any other offerings.

Actually an ISR G2 w/ CME, sensibiliy configured and ordered, has a cost very close or even better than the UC500. But it will never support any SPA phone (not a big loss IMHO).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: