Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA500DS working on UC540?

Brent Conway
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get a SPA500DS expansion module working with a SPA525G2 (or other SPA set) on a UC540? And if so, how did you do it?

I've seen some older posts that Cisco had "support pending" for the SPA500DS on the UC500 platform.

If the SPA500DS doesn't work with a UC500, what does it work with? 

Looking at the SPA500DS data sheet, Cisco lists the "Minimum Requirements" as simply "Cisco 500 Series IP Phone". But there is no mention of limitations based on system.

Thanks for your help.

Brent

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Albert Wilhelm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Brent,

I use the 500S expansion module in my UC540 system. I am using the latest version of the software pack - 8.6.2 - and checked to see if the 500DS is listed as an option. The only expansion module listed is the 500S.

From what I have reviewed, it looks like the only place where it will work is with hosted SIP providers. I also reviewed the quick start guide and it stated the 500DS can be configured for use with a Cisco SPA9000 Voice System or other SIP telephony system (such as a Broadsoft or Asterisk system).

Hope this helps.

Bert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Albert Wilhelm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Brent,

I use the 500S expansion module in my UC540 system. I am using the latest version of the software pack - 8.6.2 - and checked to see if the 500DS is listed as an option. The only expansion module listed is the 500S.

From what I have reviewed, it looks like the only place where it will work is with hosted SIP providers. I also reviewed the quick start guide and it stated the 500DS can be configured for use with a Cisco SPA9000 Voice System or other SIP telephony system (such as a Broadsoft or Asterisk system).

Hope this helps.

Bert

Brent Conway
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Bert - I appreciate your help. Was hoping Cisco had this worked out.