cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA500S Attendant Console BLF and Broadsoft NOT working on firmware 7.4.6

Voicewarellc
Level 1
Level 1

Like many of us, for many years now, have continous problems with the Cisco SPA500S Attendant Console. In my case, I'm running my phones with 7.4.6 because it is the version of the Cisco SPA504/508G phone firmware that is certified to work on our current version of Broadsoft's Hosted PBX.

The phones work very well indeed, but the attendant console lights up after a re-boot of the BLF phone is performed, however, the actual SPA500S unit doesn't perform onitoring at all.

I've read every blog/discussino on this matter and it is becoming a nuisance at this point. I dont understand why it takes so much trouble to configure something so easy and what a stark difference there seems to be when you upgrade SPA50XG phones on the firmware from one firmware release to the next one.

I'm looking for anyone that has had this issue that can help me configure the Cisco SPA508G phone that servers as the monitoring phone with a single SPA500S Attendant Console unit to monitor 4 extensions.

Jose A.

2 Replies 2

Voicewarellc
Level 1
Level 1

BTW, we are running version 17 of the Broadsoft PBX (Brodworks).

jbosscher1
Level 1
Level 1

We just installed an new system with the SPA508g phones and the SPA 500s Side Car and are having the same monitoring issues. We have notified our support and they have been tweeking our system quite a  bit. If this is a known issue why is CISCO not resolving it. Does CISCO monitor these forums?