cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA501G - Line Keys / Speed dial doesn't work

EricEtter
Level 1
Level 1

I have several SPA501G phones which i'm trying to set up speed dials on.

Here are the settings:

Assume the IP/network config and SIP/proxy config is OK. This has been tested.

The PBX is also working as other types of phones work on it, and I can see that this phone registers to it.

Ext 1 dial plan: ([23456789]xxxxxxx|0[123456789]xxx|18xx|1[12345679]x|00xx.)

Probably unrelated, I have Ext 2-8 diabled ("Line enable: no"). I only use Ext 1.

spa501g.PNG

Line key 1 is an 3-digit number.

Line key 2 is an 8-digit number.

Now before I set the line key settings, i was able to call with the phone when punching in the number. After i set the line key options however this also stopped working, in addition to the line keys not working.

Does anybody have any experience setting up line key speed dials on these phones, and would be so kind to give me some advice?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

OK, but where you have a Line Key associated with Ext 1 ? It seems you have no one - it causes you are unable to dial (either by dialing number manually or via SD).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

OK, but where you have a Line Key associated with Ext 1 ? It seems you have no one - it causes you are unable to dial (either by dialing number manually or via SD).

Thank you for your reply, Dan.

I do not have a "Line Key" on the "Phone" tab associated with Ext1.

I will associate one of the unused line keys (which i don't have speed dial on) with Ext1 "Private" and test to see if it works and report back.

Your suggestion solved my problem. Thank you for your help, Dan.

Glad to hear.

Cheers, Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: