Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA502G Dictionary --> FRENCH

infocap14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First, excuse me for my bad english, i do my best.

I try to make my SPA502G in French, i install a tftp server and it work well, but SPA502G still in english.

I use this command: serv=tftp://<tftp_server_addr>/;d0=English-US;x0=spa525_EN_7_2_5.xml;d1=French;x1=spa525_FR_7_2_5.xml;

The tftp server upload the file to the SPA502G, no error in tftp server, but always in english.

All my SPA502G have the latest firmware 7.4.3 but the dictionary is 7.2.5, Problem between version????

Please help me!!

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

The issue is that you are using the wrong dictionaries. For SPA50X phones, please use the SPA9XX dictionaries.

Regards;
Alberto

Hello,

It's OK one Cisco technician give me the dictionnary "frS_FR_v615.xml" and all work well now.

Thanks.

Hi,

I use the same parameters for SPA 502G.

Software version : 7.4.4

I did  :

serv=tftp://TFTP_IP_ADDRESS/;d0=English;x0=enS_US_v615.xml;d1=French;x1=frS_FR_v615. xml

On the TFTP logs (Linux server) , i have this :

Apr 21 08:53:50 TFTP_IP_ADDRESS in.tftpd[25204]: RRQ from TELEPHON_IP_ADDRESS filename enS_US_v615.xml
Apr 21 08:53:51 TFTP_IP_ADDRESS in.tftpd[12192]: RRQ from TELEPHON_IP_ADDRESS filename frS_FR_v615. xml

But when i setup French as language on the IP telephon, it stays in English.

Have you some ideas?

Regards

Philippe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: