Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA502G frozen - 3 buttons flashing

costasppc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a brand new SPA502G. I have it working for about a week and suddenly the screen went blank and I have only flashing the three buttons of mute, headset and speaker I think.

Why this happened. Do I have to return the phone?

Best regards

Kostas

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business -SPA phones". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

OK, i moved it.

Any news for this behavior? I just need to know if it is a hardware error (and what it means), so I return the device under warranty.

Best regards

Kostas

Hi Kostas,

From what you described the phone could possible have a early hardware failure.  Is the phone powered by a PA100 power adapter or a POE switch?  Can you try a new power adapter and or a new switch port to eliminate any poer issues.

Also can you ping the SPA502G phone from a local pc?

Thanks,

Randy

Thank you for your answer.

I have tried 2 different PoE switches and a PoE adapter as well, and the behavior is the same every time. The three buttons are flashing immediately when the phone gets power. There is no sign of network activity from the phone.

I will send this unit back, however what is the proper firmware for this unit? I am using the spa50x-30x-7-4-9c.bin for the 502Gs and 504Gs as well.

Best regards

Kostas

Kostas,

The latest SPA50X firmware is 7.5.3 which was released July 24, 2012:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282724650&softwareid=282463651&release=7.5.3&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

There have been 3 firmware releases since 7.4.9 was release: All are available for download from CCO via the above link.  Release Notes are provided within the downloadable zip file. Please review the release notes for features you require and I would suggest reaching out to your SIP provider if they have a specific firmware version that they support.

Thanks,

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: