Views
Helpful
Replies

Spa504G Alert-info problem

mildmacvoip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently updated some spa504g phones form 7.1.3 to 7.6.2 firmware and I now the phones doesn't accept the Alert-info value in the SIP Invite.

When the phones was on 7.1.3 I can set distinctive ring on it using the Alert-Ïnfo value on the SIP Invites, but once upgraded I cannot set the distinctive ring on it.

I am using asterisk and this kind of phones, and the dialplan is the same. I send the alert-info to the phones like this

SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Alert-Info:Pulse)

But they do no change the ring.

¿Does the 7.6.2 firmware support the Alert-Info settings?

¿has changed someting in 7.6.2 firmware to skip Alerti-Info value? ¿was changed something in the sintax to send the Alert-Info to the phones?

Thanks in advance,

Ismael.

P.d: The dialplan has not change is the same that working on 7.1.3 phone's firmare.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You missed most important part of my advise. Still wrong syntax.

Not SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Alert-Info: Simple-1) but SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Simple-1) instead.

Not SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Alert-Info: Pulse) but SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Pulse) instead.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Alert-Info:Pulse)

7.1.3 is very old, but as far as I know it has been wrong even on 7.1.3 but this firmware version has been lazy to check proper formats and processed even the wrong one.

Use SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Pulse) instead. It should work on both 7.1.3 and 7.6.2.

I assume you have a RingN with name Pulse defined. It's not the predefined ring name. at least on 7.6.2 (I can't speak for 7.1.3).

Thank you Dan Lukes for you soon answer,

I try SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Alert-Info: Simple-1) and, (Alert-Info: Alert-Info: Pulse) in two diferent calls an the ring tone was the same, it didn't change.

In the phone's web interface,

Tab "phone"

ring1: n=Classic-1;w=3;c=1

ring11: = n=Pulse;w=5;c=1

You missed most important part of my advise. Still wrong syntax.

Not SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Alert-Info: Simple-1) but SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Simple-1) instead.

Not SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Alert-Info: Pulse) but SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Pulse) instead.

Thank you Dan Dikes

It was caused by the worng sintax, as you said and my problem was fixed with your advice.

Thanks again,

Best regards from Madrid

Ismael.

Glad to hear you solved it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: