cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
2040
Views
5
Helpful
12
Replies

SPA504G and PBX Asterisk with different registration state.

rsanchezre
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,
I've faced up a issue on 136 Cisco SPA504G with firmware 7.5.2 and 7.5.4, which I wish  to share with you in order to get help from you.

In one moment, we started to receive claims from our users who were saying " they couldn't dial nor received any phone call".  We verified our  Asterisk PBX and we realized that there were 136 extensions in "unreachable" state. So, we entered into the some  web service of the phone and we could see its registration state was "Registered" and its next registration in was "0s". But the PBX saw them as "unreachable".

We checked the LAN conection between them and the PBX, but didn't find any problem. 

The only way for recover this situation was unplug and plug the power all the phones.

 

Have you experienced a similar issue ?, How can I prevent a new issue?


Regards

Rodrigo

12 Replies 12

Dan Lukes
Advocate
Advocate

Well, I'm maintainer of a lot of Asterisks (v.11.11.0) switches. Some of them have few hundreds SPA504G phones registered all the time. We deployed no 7.5.2 version of firmware, but we user 7.5.4. Currently we are using 7.5.5. During past three years we has not been affected by issue you described or something similar.

Increase verbosity and turn on debug messages on Asterisk console. Catch packets between your Asterisk switch and a device. Start with registered and reachable device, wait until the PBX will claim it unreachable. Console messages as well as trace file may help you (or us) to analyze the issue.

Thank for your fast answer. I take your recommendations.

Regards

Unfortunatley I am seeing exactly the same issue with Asterisk 13.6.0 and SPA508G with firmware 7.6.1.


It is only happening on the handset which is configured with two different extensions on separate line keys.


It usually happens when I ring that phone, e.g. from my cell, and hang up.

Here is the problem state (701/701 should be at 192.168.1.82 along with extension 753):

PBX*CLI> sip show peers
Name/username Host Dyn Forcerport Comedia ACL Port Status Description
701/701 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
702/702 192.168.1.33 D No No A 5060 OK (8 ms)
703 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
704 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
705 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
706 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
707 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
708 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
709 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
710 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
711 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
712 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
713 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
714 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
751 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
752 (Unspecified) D No No A 0 UNKNOWN
753/753 192.168.1.82 D No No A 5060 OK (9 ms)<