Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G and SPA303 Call Waiting not working

Elias Bats
Level 1
Level 1

Hell there,

I have been configuring a production IP PBX (elastix 2.2.0, asterisk 1.8) and the main stations will be SPA504G's (7.5.2b) and SPA303's (7.5.2b). On both models when in active call, the second incoming call is as if it doesn't exist, and the second caller gets a busy signal.

For testing I use a third Siemens IP phone in which CW works ok: there is a notifying sound and the display shows the 2nd incoming caller ID. For that reason I have excluded the Elastix Server possible fault.

Both SPA devices have Call Waiting enabled, and I just can't seem to understand why is this happening. Do I have to register EXT2 with the same account to get CW work? Or something else?

3 Replies 3

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

By default, call waiting function should have worked.

Generate a debug log and we can see if the phone is receiving that 2nd call and if so, what the phone is sending back to the proxy.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9862

noctradeit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Elias,

Did you enable Feature Key Synch on the phoneand did you test if it works with other firmware? It is possible to upgrade or downgrade.

You can downgrade to 7.5.1a or upgrade to 7.5.3 or 7.5.4 if enabling Feature Key Synch does not work.

Did you also enable hold,conference and talk package?

Kind Regards,

Richard Vernooij

Elias Bats
Level 1
Level 1

SOLVED!

Thank you for your responses. The solution was more obvious though... I had not enabled the call waiting field in the Elastix WEB UI for each extension... Now CW works smoothly!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: