cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G not recognizing SPA500DS

isiconsultants
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to upgrade the SPA504G to the latest firmeware to hopefully have it recognize the SPA500DS BUT after all the upgrades it still does not recognize the SPA500DS; only the SPA500S shows up in CCA (latest version btw)

anyone else get this working?

thanks,

Hector

Dec 20, 2012 1:00 PM (in response to Tom Watts)

ok, got over those hurdles; I was able to drag and drop the bin files to upgrade the SPA504 to the latest firmware, yay!!! 

However, I still can't get the SPA504 to add the SPA500DS via CCA.  Meaning my SPA504G only recognizes the SPA500S; how do I get the SPA504G to recognize the SPA500DS?

Does the SPA504 work with the SPA500DS?  I would assume so BUT how do I get it to show up in CCA?  is there another way?

thanks,

Hector

9 Replies 9

josejack
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Hector,

This is Joseph with the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Currently the SPA500DS is not supported on the UC500 platform. You will not be able to get this to work, because the IOS does not recognize the SPA500DS. Only the SPA500s is supported currently.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.

Hi Josejack,

Do you have any insider news when it will support and when the new software pack release? The current software pack for UC500 is 8.6.1. The phone firmware on the software pack is 6 months old. It has 7.5.2a firmware on the SPA525G2. But the latest is 7.5.4.

SPA500DS is advertised for SPA500 series phone. SPA500 series phone is adertised for UC500 series.

From Cisco site: Cisco SPA500 Series IP Phones: Features

Supports both Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Cisco SPA9000 Voice System

, open source, and hosted telephony solutions and Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP) for

Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business

Thanks,

Tom

jreader125
Level 1
Level 1

I actually purchased one for a client and found out like the others that the SPA500DS does not work with the SPA525G2 and a UC500 via CCA.  It looks like it will be a great device when it works.  Like Tom requested, any roadmap of when it will work?

Regards,

Jim

Ian Brennan
Level 1
Level 1

This is really ridicilious, like Tom said, it is clearly advertised as working with all SPA500 phones which are advertised to work with the UC500.  There are NO cisco documents that clearly state it is not compatible with the UC500.  I have a customer who specificly wanted thte SPA500DS for their UC560 system and now I won't be able to install it.

Are there any early software releases that support the spa500ds??

Way to go Cisco

Can you just program the sap500ds manually?  I know its a pain.

I did mine via 3 different ways and all get the info to the phone

holding the button for 5 seconds and a program screen pops up on the phone.

Edit a xml file on a tftp server to push the vaules.

Sage:

would you be more specific, please?  steps?:

1 - you hold what button for 5 seconds?

2 - login to phone using admin credentials or user credentials?

3 - phone tab?

4 - edit xml file with line button info? monitor info?

5 - save?

many thanks!,

Hector

To program the spa500ds while its connected to the phone

you must be over 7.5.3

1) press and hold down the button on the SPA500DS you want to program.  After about 5 seconds of holding down the display on the phone will change asking for a label and  a phone number to dial.  This only sets up speed dial.

2)I have never tried user credentials, only as the admin

4)you need to have a tftp server setup to do this programming and an existing config for the phone you are adding the 300DS to.

All you add to the config file is

The fnc part tells it what to do

blf means monitor

sd meas call that number if I push it

cp means send the call pickup message to the switch to pickup the call ringing on that number

Note that you may need to either use extensions or setup your dial plan to add a 1 to the dialed number as phone number is a 10 digit number, so sd wont work without the dial plan.

fnc=blf+cp+sd;sub=@$PROXY;ext=@$PROXY;nme=

This configuration is not possible when in SPCP/SCCP mode required for CME/UC500.

If it is configured as a 500S, it works however it will not show the display names onscreen. This is probably due to the fact that 500S has no digital labelling so the data will not be sent from the CME to the 500DS.

In my opinion, all 500 series phones and accessories are listed on the Cisco website as:

Support for both Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)  for Cisco SPA9000 Voice System, open source, and hosted telephony  solutions and Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP) for Cisco Unified  Communications 500 Series for Small Business

ref: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10499/index.html

As such, Cisco should be looking to add this support to UC500/CME/CCA ASAP.

Further to this, they were listed as "what do they work with... Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series" in a December 2012 SPA Portfolio Update ...

ref: http://media.ciscosblaunchpad.com/spa_partner_presentation.pptx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: