Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G on UC520

philip.cools
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to install SPA504G on a UC520.

However, the ephone-type is not present on UC. I've downloaded the firmware and pushed it to the UC.

My phones are receiving the new firmware, and getting an IP-address.

Problem is that the phones are not registering.

I created a new ephone-type (504G); I don't know wha the device-id is for the 504G (and I can not find it online)

Can anyone tell me what device-id I need to use fir the 504G?

Thanks

UC520 software version is 12.4(22)YB

5 Replies 5

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

I may be wrong, but the software version you mention may not support that phone type.  I assume that you used CLI to add the firmware and ephone-type. Your device ID is correct, and your ephone config should look something like this:

ephone 1

mac-addr 1234.5678.9012

max-calls-per-button 2

type 504G

button 1:2

Did you performed a "create cnf-files" after you loaded the firmware?

I've used CLI indeed.

The device-id fro SPA504G is unknown to me; I think you're referring to the device-type parameter. But I also need the device-id (which is an integer value)

I've done a create cnf files, but with no luck...

I'm starting to think also that I need to upgrade to the latest version 8.0.2, which includes software version 15.1-something

You're right, I misread your first post.  I'm looking(I happen to have some time this morning) for that parameter.  If you look in flash, do you see the cnf files for the phone mac addresses?

When I perform dir flash: I see a lot of files, but no files starting with SEP.... (so no CNF-files).

On this system there are also CP524-phones which are working fine...

That's interesting because you should see the cnf files in flash after you performed the "create cnf-files" command.  The 524 phone may look like the 504, but they are completely different animals.  The 524 was a stop gap phone that lasted about 6 months.  It was nowhere near the quality of the 504, and their internals are very different. 

If the 524 phones were put on the system when you installed it, then the 504 phone was not even in production then.  The 524 went away as soon as the 504 came into production.  You will probably have to upgrade your box to a later version to be able to use your 504 phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: