Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G softkey visibility

MARK CASEY
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I am having issues with the softkeys on an SPA504G - SIP mode connected to and Asterisk server

I have reprogrammed the keys extract as below.

As per the documentation,

but I don't see some of the keys 

Examples:

In Idle - I dont see the last 3 - gpickup|7;unpark|8;starcode|9

In Connected - I dont see toggle|3;park|4;phold|6;flash;

Anyone got any Ideas why ??

Thanks in advance

Mark

<Programmable_Softkey_Enable ua="na">Yes</Programmable_Softkey_Enable>
  <Idle_Key_List ua="na">redial|1;dir|2;cfwd|3;dnd|4;lcr|5;gpickup|7;unpark|8;starcode|9</Idle_Key_List>
  <Missed_Call_Key_List ua="na">lcr|1;miss|4</Missed_Call_Key_List>
  <Off_Hook_Key_List ua="na">redial|1;dir|2;cfwd|3;dnd|4;lcr|5;unpark|6;pickup|7;gpickup|8;starcode|11;alpha|12</Off_Hook_Key_List>
  <Dialing_Input_Key_List ua="na">dial|1;delchar|2;clear|3;cancel|4;left|5;right|6;starcode|7;alpha|8;dir</Dialing_Input_Key_List>
  <Progressing_Key_List ua="na">endcall|2</Progressing_Key_List>
  <Connected_Key_List ua="na">conf|1;xfer|2;toggle|3;park|4;phold|6;flash;</Connected_Key_List>

10 Replies 10

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Multiple conditions needs to be meet together to particular PSK become displayed.

The some you may missed

1. the particular function needs to be considered meaningful for particular state (e.g. cfwd will not be displayed in Idle despite configured)

2. the particular feature needs to be enabled and properly configured - and supported by the server, if applicable

Also, don't forged that particular PSK may be rendered on other page, so you need to scroll right to see it.

Assuming you next question - no, there is no alphabetical listing of particular PSK keys with the conditions and step-by-step configuration as far as I know.

Rate helpful advices ...

Hi Dan

Ok lets talk about the Park Soft Key

I have set

<Call_Park_Serv ua="na">Yes</Call_Park_Serv>

Park is only visible on the connected status,

Should I be doing anything with this setting?

<Call_Park_Monitor_Enable_1_ ua="na">No</Call_Park_Monitor_Enable_1_>

And the softkey

<Connected_Key_List ua="na">conf|1;xfer|2;toggle|3;park|4;phold|6;flash;</Connected_Key_List>

<Call_Park_Code ua="na">*70*</Call_Park_Code>

<Attendant_Console_Call_Park_Code ua="na">*68</Attendant_Console_Call_Park_Code>

features.conf has *70* defined as parkcall

park function is setup on the pabx

At this point,

Calling the extension , answer call shows  conf|1;xfer|2 no park softkey

What have I missed ????

Mark

There is nothing like "park" feature defined on SIP. So there is NO standard way to implement such feature.

So "park" may be supported on some softswitches only. Like Broadsoft or so. It may not be supported on Asterisk. I'm unsure of details of Park implementation on SPA50xG, so I don't know what happened (at SIP level) when you will invoke "park". It may or may not match expectations of both line ends - phone as well as Asterisk.

Should I be doing anything with this setting?
<Call_Park_Monitor_Enable_1_ ua="na">No</Call_Park_Monitor_Enable_1_>

Yes. Turn it on. Capture the SIP packets related to it. Consult Asterisk forum or source codes - it may or may not be possible to respond to those request with appropriate answer. If yes, then this particular feature will work against Asterisk. If not, well, then you may implement it in Asterisk by self ...

Hi Dan

Ok, so I have given up trying to get the park button to appear

So now it comes back to call features etc

I have been having problems getting the 'onetouch' park feature to work in asterisk itself.

I now have it so that when I have a call connected, I can get the call parked 2 ways

- Transfer to 700,

- or while talking to the user dial #72 without having to do the transfer.

So is it possible to program a PSK to send those DTMF tones whilst the call is active ?

Or can I program it for action transfer to 700

and label either as park

Mark

It has been asked here several times. Unfortunately, no, it is not possible to configure either PSK or Line key to fire DTMF tone in the context of connected call.

Hi Dan

I found out how to make the park and gpickup keys appear.

For the dummies like me - enable SIP-B.

More Play happening

Mark

SIP-B is proprietary (Sylantro Systems) extension to SIP protocol. It's questionable it will be supported by Asterisk ...

Porta_Phone
Level 1
Level 1

I do have the problem too. The miss key is missing from the idle screen.

As you can see in the xml, the softkey is well set (red line) and does not appear on the idle screen but it does appear on the missed call keylist (blue line).

I am using the Vertical Service Announcement to let asterisk know when a user is using DND and Call forwards.It is working great except for the miss key that I would like to show on the idle screen.

Here is my set-up:

CentOS release 6.6 (Final) 
Asterisk 13.2 realtime
Phones : 250 Cisco SPA514G firmware 7.5.7

<DND_Act_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes">*72</DND_Act_Code>
<DND_Deact_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes">*73</DND_Deact_Code>
<Cfwd_All_Act_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes">*77</Cfwd_All_Act_Code>
<Cfwd_All_Deact_Code group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes">*78</Cfwd_All_Deact_Code>

<Service_Annc_Serv group="Phone/Supplementary_Services">Yes</Service_Annc_Serv>
<Service_Annc_Base_Number group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Announcement_Codes">*7</Service_Annc_Base_Number>
<Service_Annc_Extension_Codes group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Announcement_Codes">DDT:2;DDF:3;FAT:7;FAF:8</Service_Annc_Extension_Codes>

<Programmable_Softkey_Enable group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">Yes</Programmable_Softkey_Enable>
<Idle_Key_List group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">redial|1;miss|2;psk2|3;psk1|4</Idle_Key_List>

<Missed_Call_Key_List group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">lcr|1;miss|4</Missed_Call_Key_List>
<Connected_Key_List group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">hold|1;conf|2;bxfer|3;xfer|4;toggle;</Connected_Key_List>

<PSK_1 group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">fnc=sd;ext=*72;nme=npd;ext2=*73; nme2=-npd</PSK_1>
<PSK_2 group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">fnc=sd;ext=*77;nme=Renvoi;ext2=*78; nme2=-FinRv</PSK_2>
<PSK_3 group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">fnc=sd;ext=*79;nme=Rep</PSK_3>

http://i.imgur.com/jfg1NkG.png

All at all,

If you defined the key on both Missed_Call and Idle screens, it work on one of them but not on the other, then there is almost nothing you can do with it.

We can be almost sure it's because the 'miss' key is not considered valid for Idle screen. It's matter of implementation. You can call Cisco support and ask for such feature.

I am using the Vertical Service Announcement to let asterisk know when a user is using DND and Call forwards.It is working great

Glad to hear you feel satisfied. I'm not. VSA is implemented as unreliable announcement. If it can't be processed by Asterisk because of an temporary issue, the Asterisk and phone become dissynchronized. If phone reboots, it will change it's state to default, but Asterisk is not aware of it.

Also, it's one-way communication. If a user request an forbidden forward (foe example forward to non-existent number, or to emergency number), the call forward request should be rejected by Asterisk. Unfortunately, the phone ignore rejected VSA, so it become unsynchronized with Asterisk again.

Also, if a supplemental service like CFU or DND needs to be activated/deactivated from switch side, the phone is not aware about the feature state change.

So we are using spare line keys and BLF feature to signal call forwarding as well as DND instead of PSK softkeys. It's reliable and bidirectional signal.

Of course, I'm not pushing you. As long as you are satisfied with the behavior, there is no reason to  change.

It's too bad for the miss key, the idle screen should be the place to put it in my opinion.

As for the VSA, you are right, it is not the best option, but I do not have any BLF key left on my phones. I fetch CFA number from the phone with curl and put in in a DB, At least I know where the phone has forwarded to. The phone is still in charge or forwarding.

It would also be great if the phone could display where the call has been forwarded on the main screen. I'm doing it in Asterisk by sending a text to the phone with the retrieved CFA number from curl.

DND or CFA is still active after a  phone reboot, I have tested it. It will not after a reset to defaults though.