Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504g softkeys missing for second call

We have some SPA504g phones that often handle multiple incoming calls on a single line. If a second call begins ringing while the phone is on a call, and the call is then answered, the soft keys are blank for the second call. The softkeys defined for the "connected" call state on our phone are: 

conf|1;xfer|2;bxfer|3;toggle|4

These appear as expected for the first call, but are blank for the second call. We have "per call" line navigation.

Ideas?

7 Replies 7

Philip D'Ath
Advisor
Advisor

Running a recent software load on the SPA504's?

Should have mentioned. Running 7.6.1 on the phones.

Dan Lukes
Advocate
Advocate

Unable to reproduce with

Software Version: 7.6.1
Line Navigation: Per Line
Line ID Mapping: Vertical First
Programmable Softkey Enable: No

so start with this configuration, then slowly move to desired configuration. It should reveal the critical change to you.

But I expect it will be Line Navigation. "Per call" navigation have severe limitations and I can't recommend it to you.

Dan,

I reverted back to the configuration you suggested, and here's what I found:

When a call is active and a second call comes in, I press accept call. On the new call, here are the softkeys available:

Page 1: confLx, xferLx

Page 2: redial, dir, dnd

I would like to be able to transfer the second call, but this isn't possible with the available buttons. Enabling the PSKs and defining the softkeys that I want, even in Per Line nav mode, doesn't show the bxfer or xfer buttons.

Ideas?

With the configuration I described I have

confLX|xferLX|conf|xfer and redial|dir|bxfer on both call screen.

See screenshots bellow. Note I have no dnd key as such service is disabled in my configuration.

Save your configuration as XML and disclose it to me. I will try to identify the difference.

Dan, really appreciate your help here. Do you have a way that I can directly send the .xml to you?

I has received the configuration. I will analyze it, then I will publish conclusions here (no sensitive data from configuration will be disclosed).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: