cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G SPA508G SPA509G cannot complete attended transfer when new inbound call comes in

pjoncas
Level 1
Level 1

We have dozens of Cisco SPA5xxG phones in production and they work fine, except for one BIG issue.

If a person is performing an assisted transfer and a new call comes into their phone, their LCD display changes from the XFER screen to the new call screen.

The person loses their ability to complete the transfer.

This wouldn't be the issue if the phones had a Transfer Button and not a soft key.

It would seem the software needs to updated so if the operator is in the middle of a transfer or other operation the new call shows the ID on the top of the display, but the main display stays on the current operation until it is completed.

It doesnt seem like a big issue to modify the software.

Does anyone know if there are options in the phone I may have missed to attain this? Or if Cisco is actively working on a solution to this issue?

Thank You,

Paul

1 Reply 1

Porta_Phone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

By doing some tests I have found that you have to set the following value:

<Line_ID_Mapping group="Phone/Miscellaneous_Line_Key_Settings">Vertical First</Line_ID_Mapping>

<Line_Navigation group="Phone/Miscellaneous_Line_Key_Settings">Per Call</Line_Navigation>

You can then use the up and down arrow key and the transfer soft key will appear. The problem right now is that, for some reason it will only work if the phone has another line set on the second button... 

I'm using firmware 7.5.7 and a Cisco 514G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: