Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504g User Input and Blind Xfer

rosslindsay
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have two questions below. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Question 1:

Is it possible to have a speed dial button wait for user input and then dial, like a form of "prefix" button?

Now: User pushes 'Page Ext' button (which enters the prefix for paging a specific extension) and results in a "not completed as dialed" error.

Desired: User pushes 'Page Ext' button, presses desired extension's speed dial to page, call is completed.

Question 2:

Can you remove the extra xferLx step and blind transfer a call by pushing bxfer > speed dial key like an actual blind transfer? (See below)

Now: User is in a call and wants to blind transfer the call to another extension. They press the bxfer button and then press the target extension's speed dial button. The original call is put on hold and a call is opened to the target extension. The user must press the xferLx key to bridge the calls.

Desired: User is in a call and wants to blind transfer the call to another extension. They press the bxfer button, then the target extension's speed dial button. Call is completed.

If it makes a difference, I am running PBX in a Flash Silver based on Asterisk 1.4.

Thank you!

Ross Lindsay

1 Reply 1

rosslindsay
Level 1
Level 1

I partially solved the Blind Xfer issue. I discovered that the user can just press the target extension's button and xferLx to transfer the call. Not exactly blind xfer unless you push the buton fast enough.

The user input issue still remains.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: