cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA508G Park Button

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SPA508G that I am trying to put a park button on.  It is connecting to an Asterisk phone system.  I have enabled PSK so I can move the softkey's around, however, when I put "park" on the second key in the "connected" key list, the key comes up blank. 

I then tried to do a customized PSK on PSK1.  I was able to get the phone to dial the star code, however it doesn't park the call.  Instead it puts the call on hold and dials the star code indepenently. 

I need to get call parking to work with this key.  It does work if I dial the star code directly, but it's kind of a pain.  Any help is appreciated.

Brad

4 Replies 4

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

Bump.  Anyone?

Have you changed the server type in the Attendant Console to Asterisk?

I also delete all the pre programmed Vertical Service Activation Codes in the regional tab so they dont conflict.

I currently use Metaswitch and call park works beautifully.Definitely need to make sure your Call Park spots are configured in your switch as well, I am not familiar with Asterisk, but I hope this information helps.

This is my Call Park configuration, works flawless.

Brenden,

Thanks for the reply.  That was actually one of the first things I did to the phone.  The call park button doesn't even show up in the soft keys unless I do a PSK.  It's very odd, and I've never seen this behavior with these phones.

That is odd. I've never had to make a PSK to park calls, just a press and park button in the extended function field of the desired button.

Do you mind posting a screen shot of your PSK?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: